Chapter 17

Y/n sat on her bed, a melancholy expression on her face as she looked down at the floor. Hundreds of thoughts scattered around in her mind and yet, it felt like it was empty. Her hand travelled up above her chest, where her gnosis is stored. She caressed it a bit before letting out a low grunt and taking it out.

The gnosis was in the shape of a chess piece, the knight. It flickered, glowing a mixture of both pale yellow and black. She examined it, looking at the details of its carvings. It made sense why she had the knight : as she is someone who fights for peace even though she has never been in peace with herself. What a hypocrite.

Y/n didn't know why she feels this deep connection with her gnosis. She once asked venti about it, asking if he felt the same way. His answer shocked her - saying how he never felt that way about his gnosis. He tried to comfort her, saying how she's still young and maybe that's why. It didn't help. It only made her question it more.

She knows Scaramouche came for the gnosis, as he himself said it during their first meeting. But she couldn't give it to him because of the spiritual connection she felt with it. It felt more like..something was stopping her. Stopping her from giving it to him. Y/n didn't even know if he abandoned that quest. She would hope so.

Letting out a small sigh, she placed the gnosis back where it was before. She rubbed her hands across her face, trying to get rid of the fatigue she felt. All she wanted to do today was stay in bed and do nothing, but she knows that's not possible as the winter festival is right around the corner and she still has some things to do. Getting up from her bed, she lazily walked to her bathroom to get ready for the day.

__________________________________

After freshening up for the day, y/n walked around the city getting all the necessities she needs.

"Thank you." She spoke gentle, grabbing the bag from the cashier. Slamming the mora down onto the desk, she ran out of the store before the cashier can give it back to her.

As she ran out of the store, she didn't notice the person walking and accidentally bumped into them. The collision caused her to drop her bags and even cause her to fall onto the ground. She let out a groan and rubbed her lower back.

"Oh, I truly apologise, here let me help." The voice spoke.

When she opened her eyes, she saw a gloved hand extended to her to help her up. She took a grab of it and with a strong hoist, the person pulled her up to her feet. Y/n dusted herself off and smoothed out any creases.

"No I should be the one apologising, and thank you Mr...?"

"Childe." The guy, now revealed as Childe told her.

Y/n looked up at him and she slightly sweat dropped as he practically towered over her. He had bright ginger locks and an interesting mask on top of it. Small freckles scattered around his face and bright blue eyes but those eyes..there was something unique about them. Although he wore a massive smile on his face, his eyes told a different story. They were so..dull. However, it surely made her be interested in him. Childe looked down at all her bags and he rose his eyebrows.

"Do you need help with that?" He asked her.

"Oh no. It's fi-" Before she could even finish her sentence, Childe picked up most of her bags. She was about to protest before he shushed her up.

"Consider it as an apology for causing you to drop your stuff." He gave her a toothy grin. Y/n let out a little sigh, knowing she couldn't argue with anyone. She also didn't have the energy for that today.

Picking up the last two bags, she tilted her head as in to point in the direction where they are meant to go. She first leaded the way with childe walking behind her. It was awkward at first, but soon they made small conversation. After a while, y/n asked.

"So, where are you from? I've never seen you around swiatłomrok."

Childe hummed to that, a sneaky smile on his lips. "It seems like you realised. Well to answer that, I'm from snezhnaya. I came here for...business purposes." Y/n could feel herself halt. Childe realised this and stopped to look back at her. "Is there a problem?"

Y/n let out an awkward cough and shook her head no. She didn't know why she halted, but lately there has been more and more people from snezhnaya seen in the nation. "No, no. It's just that.. you came at a bad time for business purposes since the winter festival is just around the corner."

Childe raises his eyebrow, as if he was interested in it. She thought that he was gonna ask her what that is but the question he asked her completely shocked her. "So..what's your job here?" He asked whilst they started to walk again.

Y/n looked at him from the corner of her eyes but he was already looking at her. "Well..I'm the archon of this land. It is my duty to protect it and my people." She confessed. Well, it's not something she was hiding anyways. The gingers eyes widened at the revelation.

'So..she's the archon..interesting.' He thought to himself. After y/n turned her back to him, he put his hand on his chin whilst a small grin formed on his lips. 'Shes also a lot shorter in person.' He chuckled a bit to himself. Once he realised that she was way ahead of him, he quickly sped up to catch up to her.They walked a bit more until their walk was disturbed by a familiar guy in a hat.

"Y/n. I was looking for you. I-" A gruff voice said but he quickly cut himself off when he realised who she was with. Scaramouche eyes narrowed whilst looking at the person behind her. Meanwhilst the ginger only smiled at him teasingly, his dull eyes looking at him with mischief.

"Oh! Scaramouche! This is Childe, we bumped into eachother and now he's helping me take the shopping." Y/n expression brightened up a bit when she saw him.

"Mhm..that's cool." He walked up to the ginger and snatched the bags out of his hands, giving him a secret threatening look. "She doesn't need your help anymore. Shoo." His voice was full of venom, annoyed at the guy that he barely knew (well, atleast that's what y/n thought). Scaramouche took a grab of y/ns hand and started to drag her away from the ginger. "Let's go."

Y/n was to stunned to speak and protest so she only looked behind her and waved at Childe, giving him an apologetic look and let Scaramouche drag her back.

__________________________________

Hiiiii

Short chapter