chapter 9

Scaramouche..

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
2nd pov
...................

It has been a week since you and scaramouche started to hang out again, and hes been coming over nearly everyday. Now, as much as you love him and love spending time with him, you still have your duties as an archon to fulfill. It seems like everytime you go and sit down to do your work, literally 5 minutes later he will be burst into your office or knock on your window...somehow... youre actually quite confused about that since your office is on the third floor.

Speaking of which, you were currently in your office skimming through papers. Your cheek was leaned against the palm of your hand as your other hand was holding the papers delicately. From time to time, you would sign papers, agreeing to things ect.

When you picked up a random piece of paper, a random envelope caught your eye.  You raised your eyebrow and picked it up. Observing it for a bit, you used your nail to cut the envelope open neatly. There, it revealed a blue piece of paper. Unfolding it, a name suddenly caught your eyes.

'The Tsaritsa? She never wrote a letter to me personally. Weird.' You thought to yourself. And there it was. In a neat cursive writing was her signiture. This was quite strange.

Just as you were about to read the letter, someone bursted into your room. Wanna guess who?

"Scaramouche.."

"Y/n." And there he was, with this stupid smirk on his face.

You sighed and rubbed the bridge of your nose. "Scaramouche..Im kind of busy here right now." You spoke softly, turning your gaze to him. All he did was fake pout.

"Awh really...too damn bad." He snickered, his eyes slightly scrunching up.

You slightly deadpanned at his reaction and sighed again. "Im serious."

Scaramouche just shrugged and went to sit opposite you. He pulled the chair closer to the desk and leaned against it. "Dont worry. Imma just watch, you wont even realize Im here."

To his response, you just gave him an unimpressed look before giving up. Theres no point with arguing with him. Its not like he will leave anyway. Rolling your eyes, you looked down at the letter in your hands and started to slowly read the first paragraph. This was quite a long letter...

As you were about to finish reading the first paragraph, you suddenly felt something behind you breathing down onto your neck. You let out a small scream and punched him in the gut. He didnt even flinch.

"SCARAMOUCHE! Never do that ever again." You raised your voice a bit before huffing and putting down the letter onto your desk.

He only chuckled at your words, finding it amusing how easily you got scared. You were so invested in that letter that you didnt even realize he moved. "Sorry Princess. Just wanted to see what you were reading." He said slyly, smirking down at you.

You only scoffed and turned your back to him to try and read the letter again. Behind you, scaramouche also started to read the letter but in a faster pace than you. His eyes suddenly widened and he quickly snatched the letter of your desk, catching you off guard.

"HEY! What was that for?" You eyed him weirdly. The sudden look of panic was gone when you turned around. He was too good at hiding his emotions or his schemes.

"Nothing. Its just so boring. Lets go do something more intresting."

He started to hide the letter behind his back to get it out of your reach. You tried to go behind him, but he only moved his hand causing you to groan.

"Scaramouche. Please just give me that letter." You pleaded, looking at him with soft and tired eyes. Scaramouche only shook his head to your request.

You clenched your fist and then pounced onto him, making him fall onto the ground. You were on top of him whilst he was underneath you. Sitting on top of him, you straddled his lap and pinned both of his hands to the ground with one hand. Scaramouche did try and resist your grasp as he tried to wiggle out, however he was unsuccessful. You lowered down slightly to reach out for the letter, which you were successful in but it did cause you to get closer to his face.

"Haha! Yes!" You closed your eyes and  let out a small sound of victory, a bright smile on your face. When you opened your eyes, you realised how close you were to scaramouches face, making you blush really hard. Your eyes widened and quickly stood up. When you got off, he let out a small groan as he sat up.

"Im sorry! I didnt mean to jump on you like that. Are you alright?" You asked worriedly, extending your hand to help him stand up. He took it and you lifted him up.

"Yeah yeah. Im fine." He said, dusting himself off. A teasing smile quickly appeared onto his face, making you raise your eyebrow. "I did not take you as that type of person though y/n."

It took you a few minutes to proccess his words, but when you did, your blush deepened even (if thats even possible).

"I-I....YOU PERVERT!" You shrieked. You slammed the letter down onto your desk and glared at him a bit. "Whatever..lets go do something more fun, like you said." You grabbed onto his hand and started to drag him out of your office.

"Oh? What type of fun?" His smirked widened even more as a glint of mischief appeared in his eyes.

"SCARAMOUCHE!"

"Alright, alright. I'll stop...for now." You only let out an annoyed groaned and continued to drag him with a red face. Meanwhilst he just chuckled and had the biggest smile on his face.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Wonder what was in that letter....