chapter 13

.............................memories.............................

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

2nd pov
...................

The moment you walked back into the palace, Yuno could be seen running over to you not even a second after you came back in. It was almost like he was waiting patiently for you.

"Y/n!" Yuno said excitedly, jumping and latching himself onto you whilst you caught him into your arms. Letting out a small laugh, you spun him around.

"Yun-yun! Aww, did you miss me that much?" You teased playfully, putting him on the ground. Yuno nodded.

He was about to say something, until he noticed scaramouche behind you, which caused him to pause. You turned around and noticed how scaramouche was just awkwardly standing near the entrance, watching you guys interact. However, his gaze turned to Yuno, which made them go into a long and awkward staring contest.

After a bit, you let out a small cough to try and cut the tension. 

"Yuno, you remember scaramouche, right?"

Yuno only nodded to your question and held onto your hand, squeezing it tightly. You winced a bit from how hard he was squeezing it.

'Damn..this kid is strong...'

"Well, scaramouche. Dont just stand there like a deer. Lets go." You snapped him out of his daze and he nodded.

............................................................................

"Tea?" You asked him, holding up the teapot.

"No thanks."  He denied which made you shrug. More for you.

You poured yourself some black tea and sipped on it. The slightly bitter taste balanced out the warmth of the brew. Letting out a satisfied sigh, you put the tea cup back onto its little plate.

"So scaramouche, what were you doing out." 

"I had some buisness to do that doesnt concern you." He answered in a monotone tone. His face was oddly stoic, almost like he was trying to hide something, though you decided to just ignore it. It will probably take you a while to get used to this version of him...

"If you say so..say scaramouche, why didn't you go back to snezhnaya yet."

"The Tsaritsa still thinks Im trying to get  your gnosis. She gave me a month to fullfill it."

You hummed out. Its kind of suspicious of how easily he actually gave up on your gnosis. He didnt seem like the type to just give up so easily.

'What if...'

You shook your head, trying to get those thoughts out of your head. The negative thoughts wont ruin your day, not today. You looked back at scaramouche, which was looking at a playing Yuno.

As if he had a sixth sense, Yuno looked up and realized that the both of you were staring. He seemed to be hesitant for a second before he came over to you, pulling on your sleeve to pull him down to his height.

"Can Mr scaramoose play with me?" He whispered innocently.

You had to supress your laughter  from how he pronounced scaramouches namd. You coughed into your hand to try and keep your cool.

"I dont know sweetie, maybe you should ask him." You suggested.

Yuno looked at scaramouche, who was looking at the both of you with furrowed eyebrows, wondering what the both of you were talking about. Yuno seemed a bit conflicted but finally walked up to scaramouche and tugged on his shirt.