Chapter 15

1 week later
____________

Winter.. A time of joy. A time where everyone can come together and give. No matter from what background you come from: you are treated with equality.

White specks were slowly falling from the clouds, covering each nation. It was like a white canvas, ready to be painted on. It covered every tiny space, not allowing anything to escape its grasp. It's around this time, where everyone knows that the winter festival will occur soon.

"Yuno, can you pass me the vegetables please?" You asked Yuno whilst you got the fish out.

"Coming mam- sorry. Y/n." Yuno quickly fixed his mistake whilst setting the vegetables next to you. Your heart melted when he nearly called you mama. Your gaze softened whilst you spoke with a gentle tone.

"Thank you Yuno, and I don't mind you calling me mama."

You then turned over to the vegetables and started to peel the carrots, parsnips and celeriac before shredding them. Then you cut up the onions, garlic and leek. When you were done you put them in a bowl.

"Mama, can I help?" Yuno asked you innocently, looking up at you.

You couldn't help but smile at his sweet gesture and then patted him on his head.

"It's okay kiddo, you go off and play." 

Yuno seemed to be reluctant for a bit before nodding his head and running off to play. You shook your head, smiling. This kid.. he's such a sweetheart. It came to a point where you see him as your own child.

You spent almost two hours making the dish you were making, which was ryba po grecku (Greek fish). It was a fine specialty in swiatłomrok, usually made during the winter festival. It honestly surprised you that it took you only two hours to make it, as it has to be a big batch for the party. 

Letting out a small sigh, you washed your hands whilst thinking of what you can do next. The party is in three days which is also the start of the winter festival. You still had plenty to do. After you finished washing your hands you dried them off with a kitchen towel.  You thought that maybe you could get started on the pierogi.

You got all the ingredients out and set them all out on the counter. Just as you were about to start, you could hear loud footsteps getting closer to the kitchen. You turned to look at the source, which was Yuno.

"Mama, mama. Guess what? Mr scaramouche came to visit again!" He said excitedly, grinning from ear to ear.

"Huh?"

You looked up to the doorway and surely enough he was there leaning against the doorframe. He held his usual stoic expression which causes you to chuckle.

"Came to visit again? You were here just the other day.Did you miss me that much?" You teased, smirking a bit.

Scaramouche scoffed, rolling his eyes and walking over to you and Yuno.

"Don't flatter yourself, I just have nothing better to do."

"Ah, well, you came at a bad time, as you can see I'm a bit busy."

As he was about to ask you what you're so busy with, Yuno tugged on your apron to get your attention.

"Can Mr scaramouche play with me, please." He asked, his eyes twinkling whilst giving you puppy eyes.

"Uh..."  You started. You didn't want to make the decision for scaramouche so you just looked at him to see what he will say. It seems he got the cue.

"How about...I'll play with you after I finish talking with Y/n?" He proposed.