Gender Disappointment (Quinn/Rachel)

"Quinn, can I ask you something?" Rachel blurted.

Quinn nodded slowly.

"Jesse and I are going to find out if the baby's a boy or a girl soon." Rachel explained.

"That's really exciting, Rachel." Quinn smiled.

"Yeah." Rachel agreed. "But did you ever have gender disappointment? Like, did you want Hudson to be another girl or Lucy to be another boy?"

"Honestly, no." Quinn said. "When we were having Hudson, I was so nervous about losing him, that it didn't make a difference to me."

Rachel smiled.

"And with Lucy, we had thought it would be cool for Hudson to have a brother close in age, but it would fun to have another baby girl to enjoy." Quinn explained.

"What about Noah?" Rachel wondered.

"He loved being a girl dad with Beth, and he never said he wanted one over the other, but I knew it didn't make a difference to him either, as long as we had healthy, happy babies." Quinn explained. "Although I was really glad to give him a son. He and Hudson have a special bond."

Rachel nodded. "Yeah."

"Are you and Jesse hoping for a boy or a girl?" Quinn questioned Rachel.

"I kind of want a girl." Rachel confessed. "And I think Jesse wants a boy."

Quinn nodded.

"I'm a little nervous that one of us won't be able to hide our disappointment." Rachel added.

"Trust me, when you find out what you're having, it's not gonna make that much of a difference." Quinn stated. "There's something fun about being a girl mom and something fun about being a boy mom, and once you hold your baby for the first time, you'll never wanna change a thing."

Rachel smiled. "Do you know what you're having this time?"

"A girl." Quinn said. "Noah and I are really excited about it. It feels like everything's come full circle, and we're just enjoying the last time as much as we can."

"Okay, now I really want a girl so they can be friends like us." Rachel joked.

"Well, you're on the east coast and we're on the west coast, but my daughter could still be friends with your son." Quinn responded. "When do you and Jesse find out?"

"Next week." Rachel said.

"No gender reveal party?" Quinn teased.

"That would be even worse if it's a boy." Rachel noted.

"If it's a boy, you will love him and be so happy to have him." Quinn promised. "Believe me."