Fosters (Puckerman siblings)

"He tried to put hands on my sister!" Puck exclaimed as the police officers dragged him away.

"Noah!"

"It's gonna be okay, Sarah." Puck swore. "I'm gonna be okay, and I'm gonna come back for you. I promise."

-

"You said you wouldn't split us up!" Puck yelled as soon as his social worker entered the door. "Where the hell is she?"

"She's safe."

"When can I see her?" Puck asked.

"Soon."

"Bullshit." Puck hissed.

"I'm trying to get the judge to let you out of juvie."

"I don't care about me." Puck said. "I care about Sarah. Where is she?"

"She's in a new foster home. I promise you she's okay."

"Let me talk to her." Puck demanded. "Or see her."

The social worker went to respond, but Puck continued.

"Look, I don't care what happens to me. Do whatever you have to do after I get to see her."

"Noah, I can't make any promises."

"Yeah, I've learned not to put too much trust into any of you."

-

"Noah!"

"Sarah." Puck smiled as his sister hugged him. "Are you okay? Are you safe in your new foster home?"

"I'm okay." Sarah confirmed. "Are you? What happened to your eye?"

"Don't worry about that, I'm fine." Puck insisted. "I just wanted to see you, make sure you're okay."

"I'm okay." Sarah repeated. "What about you? Where did they take you?"

"Juvie." Puck said. "The social worker said they'll try to get me out."

"And then you'll come back to live with me again?" Sarah wondered.

"Yeah." Puck nodded. "At least I hope so."

"Me, too." Sarah agreed.

"They're not supposed to split us up." Puck told her. "Hopefully the judge will take that into consideration when they sentence me."

"How come Mommy didn't come back for us?" Sarah asked.

"Because she can't." Puck answered. "Not yet anyway, but if you want, I can ask the social worker to see if you can see her."

"Yeah." Sarah said.

"Okay." Puck responded. "And you're sure you're okay? What's your foster family like?"

"It's just a mommy and her son." Sarah explained. "He's really nice and really tall. Taller than you."

"Cool." Puck laughed lightly. "And they're treating you good?"

"Yeah." Sarah said as the social worker returned to the pair.

"Noah, Sarah has to get back."

"Right." Puck muttered. "Of course."

Sarah frowned.

"Come gimme a hug." Puck requested.

Sarah looked at him.

"I'll be there soon. Gimme a hug."

-

"Sarah said her new foster home is good." Puck noted.

"I know you don't think so, Noah, but I really am doing everything I can to help you and your sister."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Me, too. You've been through a lot."

Puck shrugged.

"Do you want some good news?"

"Of course." Puck nodded.

"You're not going back to juvie."

Puck raised his eyebrow. "I'm not?"

"You're going to a group home."

"A group home?" Puck repeated.

"It's for teenage boys who are in similar situations to yours. It's like a transitional home."

"Like a halfway house?" Puck concluded.

"We don't really call it that, but I guess it is the same thing, yes."

Puck nodded slowly.

"You'll go there tomorrow morning. It's just for a few weeks while I iron out some stuff to get you placed with Sarah again."

"In that house with the mom and her son?" Puck replied.

"The boy is the same age as you, and from what I can tell, he would be a good influence. He's never been in any kind of trouble."

Puck nodded.

"It's all gonna work out. I promise you. And Sarah."