Chapter 11

Hello, you wonderful people! My name is Kaitlyn (aka in_L_O_V_E) and I am the lucky one that Mallory chose to collaborate with on this story. This is my first time writing anything Zouis, so it'll be a fun journey! It would be awesome if you could leave some comments and let me know what you think, since this is the first chapter of the story written by me. I look forward to seeing more of you all, and I hope you enjoy Chapter 11!

-----Liam's POV-------

 An obnoxiously beeping alarm made my head pound as soon as I woke up. I groaned, rolling over to slam my hand down on it and stop the noise.  

 “What happened?” I mumbled, looking around my room. My shoes had beentossed haphazardly at the door, pieces of last night’s outfit were lying beside thebed, and my head hadn’t quit pounding. I rubbed my eyes as I swung my legs off thebed and tried to stand, only to feel an immediate rush of nausea and run to the toilet.  

It was only after I threw up the contents of my liver that I realized this mustbe what a hangover felt like. I’d never been drunk before, and really hadn’t even had much alcohol, so the feeling wasn’t familiar.   So I got wasted on a school night, I thought, wonderful. I gathered up the messand put everything back where it belonged, like the organized person I generally am.  

Next I picked out wearable clothing for school and went through my usual schoolroutine, albeit slowly since the headache hadn’t left.The cabinet in the middle of the kitchen proved to be stocked with medication, fortunately, so I took some Advil and sighed as the pain at last began tolessen.  

“Mum, I’m leaving now,” I called as I shut the door and began to walk to school. About halfway there, I met up with Harry.   “Morning, Liam,” he grinned. “Have fun last night?”  

“I guess I did. I mean, I’m feeling the effects of a hangover, so I probably hada good night. Can’t say the same of this morning, though,” I groaned, laying my head on his shoulder.  

“You’ll get used to it,” Harry smirked, ruffling my hair.  

“Hey, mind the headache!”  

He just chuckled, reaching over to tangle my hair around his fingers. “Funny you should say that, actually. I’m not quite feeling as out of it as you are, mate,but I think I got wasted last night too. It’s the only sensible reason why I would’ve forgotten an entire night.”  

It was as if his words were a trigger for my memory. Suddenly I was seeingflashes of random moments. The phone ringing, a slow, deep rasp on the otherend of the line. Arriving at the bowling alley and ordering drinks just because wecould. Laughing, yelling, running around with our hands linked. The memorieswere all quite innocent, but suddenly the mood changed.  

I felt lust and saw patchesof glittering dark green eyes, fistfuls of curly hair, and pieces of two other boys screaming at me while I was too out of it to know what I was doing. I was pushed upagainst a wall, my lips being held between someone else’s. Oh, no.  

I had indeed been drunk last night. I’d been drunk enough to snog Harrysenseless, and had the false courage to look into Louis and Zayn’s eyes and say thatit wasn’t my fault. I was a relationship wrecker. Niall and Louis would never forgive me.  

Wait… If I was the reason Harry had cheated on Niall last night, why was he so happy to see me? How could he still want to talk to me after what I did? Was it possible that Harry didn’t remember?   I was brought back to focus by Harry clapping his hands quite close to my nose. “Sorry mate, just trying to get you out of dreamland. What’s wrong?”  

“Do you remember what happened last night?” I asked urgently.  

“No, why? Is something the matter? I thought you were hung over, Liam,” he laughed.