Chapter 49

Chapter 49:

"You can what?!"

"I can shut them out, dude it's really not that complicated." She sighed in exasperation.

"Yeah, whatever. So how about we go create an army and take down these grey bitches."

"You know sometime in the future that might be seen as a racist joke?" She lightly punched my shoulder. "And yeah, I would love to see Gavin and Rose again. I wouldn't mind seeing Henry and I'd just go out of my way to see my dear sister Brook. And then there's Kyle..." She trailed off, laughing.

"Oh come on, Kyle isn't that bad!" I poked her dimple, which I just happened to notice at this precise moment for whatever reason.

"Duh! But you learn a lot when you have a bond with someone who is dating your sister. God, gag me." I laughed at her reaction but then again felt bad. It must suck to have to have your soul bond. Is that how it works?

"So..." I started. "You wanna teleport there? I'm still getting the hang of this paranormal world."

"To some of us it's the only world we know." She said sadly. "And yeah, I got this. But I have a better way." She started to smirk and my eyebrows went together in worry.

"Oh God. You don't happen to have any wet ideas of traveling..." Somehow my words sent her into fits of giggles. I was confused for a moment but then it hit me. "Oh shit, Megan! That's not what I meant! I meant like underwater stuff..." I rambled, causing her to laugh even more. "Shut up," I mumbled.

"Let's go." She grabbed my arm and we dove into the water. She also grabbed the wrist of Brook while I grabbed Kyle. We entered a whirlpool in shallow water. I felt as if my eardrums were about to pop at any moment. Finally, my head poked above the shore and I realized we're back in Australia.

"YES! SWEET JESUS LAND!" I cried as I rushed to the shore. Brook, Kyle, and Rose laughed into the water, causing them to inhale the salty water. I kissed the ground, getting a mouthful of sand. I collapsed on the ground into fits of coughs and laughter. The trio joined me on my reunion with the ground. We laughed until our stomachs hurt, causing people walking by to shoot us dirty looks, which only caused us to laugh more. By the time we were able to brush ourselves off the ground, I had eaten enough sand to last a lifetime. "Okay let's get back to Hell."

"Dude, I think you mean Satan." Kyle wrapped his arm around Brook. They look odd together considering she's so tan and he's dotted in freckled. Megan looks like a cross between Brook and Kyle. She could honestly be their child...you know, if that weren't so weird. They linked arms while Megan and I awkwardly tagged behind.

"God, gag me. Sometimes it's so hard to shut things out especially when..." she trailed off. "Don't make a bond with anyone, it's awful but sometimes you have to."

"What do you mean by 'sometimes you have to'?" I looked deep into her brown eyes searching for any lies or uncertainty.

"I'll tell you another time. I'm in too good of a mood to ruin it with the talk about bonds."

"You know, when most kids consider the talk, it's about sex not bonding." I tried my hand at sarcasm, obviously failing with my awful innuendos.

She giggled. "Well I suppose sex could be considered bonding." She laughed even harder, nudging my shoulder.

"Dude I can't believe we're having this talk. Can't we talk about normal stuff like how my pet goldfish died when I was five and I had to flush it?"

She crinkled her nose. "Who keeps a fish as a pet and flushes it of all things!" She threw her hands up in the air, gathering unwanted stares.

The End of The BeginningOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara