Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

            “You speak in my head too?! And Rose, can you read my mind?!” I got a smirk from both girls. I noticed…I noticed Rose…her eyes…the green…disappearing…her eyes are turning the color of her hair. I am surrounded by demons. Are they possessed? Is this actually them? I don’t want to hurt either of them, but both of them want to kill me. Lovely.

            Now would be a really great time for my so-called powers to show up…I’m concentrating on my “center” but none of this is working. Suddenly a blast of air blows the two girls…demons off their feet. Floating on a cloud is a young boy, maybe around the age of twelve with hair the color of dirt and eyes the color of grass.

            Roots wrap around Rose and Brook’s ankles, flipping them from one side to the other. The boy on the cloud is beaming, his straight teeth glimmering like the sun. From so far away, it is hard to tell how tall he is, but I can at least tell that he is shorter than I am. The demons are now knocked unconscious, vicious red eyes wide opened, mouths forming the shape of the letter o.

The boy flicked his wrist, sending a gust of wind under my feet bringing me to my own personal cloud. I was now brought up to his height, the wind rustling my hair away from my face, reminding me of being on the beach. Come to think of it, it is on beaches where I have my best moments before I have my worst moments. Ironic, huh?

“Allow me to introduce myself,” the boy said. “I am Kyle. Obviously you have already guessed my power?” I must have looked dumbfounded (yet again) because he rolled his eyes and said (exasperated), “I am a mix, actually. I have some powers of the earth and some of the sky. Granted they are weaker than Pures butI have the slight advantage of double slyness.”

At this point I was stunned to the extent where I was fairly sure I would faint and fall of the fluffy pillow called a cloud. Why would I be stunned when I’ve seen so many other things? I’ve seen girls turn into demons and teleportation and telepathy but somehow a boy riding a cloud freaks me out? Should I even trust this boy? What do I have to lose? My virginity? Wait…

“My name is Owen, I don’t exactly know my power…powers yet. I have trust issues and wish not to confide in possible enemies so I shall tell you no more.” There, that sounded good. Sounded proper and really didn’t give anything about me away.

“I know who you are, dimwit.” The boy - what did he say his name was? The boy Kyle said.

“Lovely, another stalker.”

“On the contrary, my friend, I mean no harm. I am no runaway from some evil orphanage but I know what it is to have enemies. Boy, do I ever.

“Oh yeah name three.” I said smugly.

“Easy: Brook, Rose, and a boy named Gavin who is presumably dead. Presumably.”

“W-w-wait,” I stammered. “Brook and Rose? The two demon girls fighting?”

“Yeah them. Fire is evil, water is no better. Both bitches cheated on me.”

“Sounds fun.” I’m really at a lose of words here. “Wait what?!”

“Yeah both Brook and Rose cheated on me, ya know with the boy Gavin who I killed…I mean who is dead…presumably.”
“What the hell are you talking about, man?”

“I mean Brook and Rose are both demons who just happen to be exceedingly beautiful and mysterious. I’m surprised that you fell for all of their shit though. Don’t worry I can’t read minds but I do know some telepathy.”
“Some?” I know I should ask some of the questions that are bombarding my brain, however this was the most prominent.

“Yeah, I mean I can sometimes do it but not from really far away, migraines.”

“Sucks, dude. Anyway so what do you know about Greystone Orphanage?”

“Well I know that it’s evil. Back when Rose and I dated, we tried to shut it down together, you’re proof that didn’t work. What I am questioning though is how you got out. Rose used that shitty excuse that ‘you didn’t eat the chicken’ but you and I both know that’s not true. You’re special.”

“So I have heard.”

“Bruh shut up you don’t know what the hell you’re talking about. You’re new to the world of supernatural. You’re new to the world of crazy shit and experiments. You’re new to the world of magic and mythology. Shut the fuck up dude, you know nothing.”

“Look kid I’m obviously older than you and not even I curse like that.”
“Lies, in both ways. I’m fifteen, for one, and second I’ve heard you say much worse so I wouldn’t be talking if I were you.”

“Watching me, stalker?” Okay, now I’m freaked out. He said he didn’t read minds so what the hell is he doing now? I’d hit him except for the fact that he’s holding up my cloud and I rather die from some freaking awesome monster instead of from falling off a cloud some puny fifteen year old is holding up for me. There’s a sentence I never thought I’d think in my life.

            This setting I am currently standing in does not look too promising to me. If I decide to not tryst him, he could send me flying down this cloud onto the ground, which could mean fatalities A.K.A. instant death. If I do decide to trust him that could also include fatalities so really this is a lose, lose situation. I rather die later rather than sooner, however, so I might as well trust this boy. “Fine,” I said. “I’ll trust you. Partners in crime, we shall be. Betray me and bad things shall happen.” That sounded good and noble.

            “Bruh don’t even try this crap with me. You’re a lot like me. You try to sound all big with words but you’re really not. Let’s not play pretend just be yourself. You’ll need to learn how to fight, by the way.” With this, Kyle tossed me a sword glimmering gold and silver. “Imperial gold,” he said. “Highly deadly, watch.” He yanked his wrist up, his own sword in his hand. The blade had just barely touched the vine that he had just grown from the ground before it withered and writhed. After only a few seconds it turned brown and fell to the ground in ashes. “As I said, highly deadly.”