Chapter 40

Chapter 40:

            "Yo, Rose. Hold up!" I called to her. She skidded to a halt and turned her head, obviously confused. I turned left and she ran to catch up.

Panting, she asked me, "Why stop? I was having so much fun!"

Silently laughing, I replied. "I think I see someone I know." She rolled her eyes but followed me anyway. When I found who I was looking for, I paused for a moment. I closed my eyes, wishing for this not to be a mistake. The girl was talking with a few taller girls with shopping bags. I tapped the shorter girl on the shoulder. Her brown hair whipping across her caramel skin, I realized that this is nowhere near a mistake.

"What do you want, Owen?" She growled.

"Brook!" Rose gasped.

"Rose? What are you doing with this douche?" Brook snapped.

"Ladies, there's enough Owen to go around for everyone." Kyle suddenly stepped in.

            I stood back, my hand to my head, groaning. Frustrated, I sat on a curb, close enough to eavesdrop.

"Kyle, go away!" Brook yelled.

"Brook, stop. I need to talk to you." Rose said calmly. Brook groaned but followed her anyway.

            Kyle walked over to the curb to sit with me. He groaned as he sat down. Putting his head in his hand, he lay down on the dirty London ground. I watched Rose and Brook argue while Kyle napped on the gum stained sidewalk. Well this is a predicament I never thought I'd end up in. 

(A/N: Sorry for the super short chapter, I've been really busy. On the other hand, thanks so much for 1K omg!! <3 )