Chapter 26

Chapter 26,

POV: Rose

The weirdest thing happened. At one point I was making out with Owen, the next I have a dream...nightmare more like it. Here's how it went:

I fell asleep on the beach, unable to keep my eyes open any longer. I can feel myself lifted into the air, likely from the strength I'm giving Owen. I'm don't only have fire power, I have mild air powers, but they aren't that strong. I always knew I had some evil in me, considering I was shipped with fire. Yes, shipping. People literally thought I should date fire. (In case you're wondering, they called 'us' Froze. Talk about irony?) I never thought I would run away from likely the cutest boy who has ever walked this planet.

My dream: I'm with Owen, we are considerably older. We are walking on a beach, it looks to be the same beach where we shared our first kiss. Owen reaches for my hand and we walk down the beach. Suddenly, I don't know what has come over me and I can't control myself anymore. I have...impulses...to kill Owen. To hurt, maim, and murder. I want to fight it but I can't. He has an imperial gold sword in his hand and as soon as I come toward him, he unsheathes his sword, sticking it straight into my heart.

I wake up, now in a forest, Owen is by my side. "Good morning sunshine," he said happily. If only he knew what happened. The rest of the morning is a bit of a blur, all I remember is freaking out and running away, using only shadows. I keep checking his mind to see if I'm there.

I'll always be with him, physically there or not.

Many days pass, I have long since ditched the water nymph. I'm afraid my dream will come true. Will I even know if I turn into a demon? Maybe I already have. How did I even end up with Brook? Damn.

I always knew Owen was different. My thoughts are confirmed when I realize he has the Hell power. One very rare, only given to the heir of Satan. I, with the fire power, am merely a distant cousin.

When Owen accidentally kills Kyle with his new imperial gold sword...I feel as if my dream is foreshadowing the future.

It has been five weeks since I have seen Owen but it feels like so much less. I can feel his pain now. It's hard to explain, but he feels lots of sadness and has impulses of fear and fury. He tries his hardest to stay away from knives and his sword for reasons not even his mind will reveal. I miss actually hearing his voice and I wonder if he feels the same about me.

Why am I so terrified of being in love?