18

I had fallen asleep last night after the argument. My eyes were puffy and I had a headache from crying myself to sleep. Yesterday is not what I wanted to think about.

I was woken up by something, or someone? I knew it wasn't morning, there was no light shining in my eyes, it was night outside of my window. I tried looking around the room but it was too dark for me to make out anything. Then my eyes landed on the window across the room, the moonlight from the window outlined a person standing there. They were looking outside the window, their eyes were sparkling from the moonlight.

"Kook?" I said with a confused tone. I don't know who was there, but I'm pretty sure it was Kook.

"Y/N..." He said, his deep husky voice with his Korean accent was sending me goosebumps. "Why are you here?" I demanded, I did not want to be woken up so early in the morning by the last person I want to see right now. "Can you please let me explain?" Kook said, not quite answering why he was here. He started stepping towards the bed. I propped myself up so my back laid up against the bed frame and my arms rested on my lap.

"Go ahead." I snapped at him. I didn't look at him, I kept him out of my sight. I was still infuriated from yesterday. I did not want to hear him mourn for me or make excuses for what he had done. I get that all the time. It's just the same thing over and over.

He sat on the edge of the bed and looked down at the floor. His hands laid on his lap. He took a deep sigh and closed his eyes then opened them up again as if he didn't know where to begin.

"Y/N, I..." He started then turned to look at me. I looked back at him, our eyes locked on each other. I waited for him to continue.

"Those men... They want to take you from me. They're called X Anonymous and they want to do terrible things to you. They want my head and if they can't get that they'll take the person that I love. To make me feel death. I don't know why I thought that hiding this was going to protect you. I just didn't want you to have more things to worry about, and I thought I could've handled this, but it's nowhere near being handled. But-" He stopped, he thought about what he should say next.

"You're right, Y/N. You've always been right, you deserve to know these things. I ruined your life and I hate myself for that. I'm so sorry." His voice softened.

"I don't know what I was thinking when I said that. I was so wrong to say that. I'm so sorry for how much I've hurt you."

"Kook-" I said but quickly stopped because he started to say more.

"I've shown you sides of me no one else will ever see. I've cared for you, loved you, given you my attention. I'm so terribly sorry for what I said, it made you rethink everything about me and I'm a shit person for that. But I hope you won't ever think that I do not love you." He meant every word. He didn't take his eyes off of mine. I felt his grey eyes look along my face for some reaction or something at least.

I sat there, processing everything he had said. My eyes started to fill with tears. I've never actually gotten a real apology in my life. All I've ever been was shit on by people, especially my dad, but Kook was different. All he said was true and he said it with love, thinking with his heart. I could tell by his face and how he did not take his eyes off of me.

Soon tears pour down my cheeks. I leaned forward to him and he leaned toward me, hugging me tightly. His hand rubbed my back. He let go and brought his hand to my cheek, rubbing away my tears with his thumb. "I hate seeing you cry." He said, keeping his hand on my cheek as the tears continued.