1

It was nearly midnight while I laid in bed with my phone, I stared at the screen as it was lit up with an Instagram login page. I thought about my next decision indecisively and quickly pressed the "Create New Account" button.

My friends have constantly pushed me to make an Instagram account. They would bug me about it every week, making up all kinds of reasons. I usually always avoid social media accounts because I know they're a platform where toxicity can start and I don't want to experience that first-hand. But because my friends have managed to make it sound amazing and worth it I've changed my mind about it. Now, here I am, finally making their wishes of me having an Instagram account true.

After I pressed the "Create New Account" button I registered with my email and all the other details. Then I was brought to a page asking for me to create a username for my profile and to choose a picture. I bit my lip while I thought about my username. Maybe just my name would work I thought to myself. I sighed at the username, it was plain but I could always change it.
its_y/n_3 it's a start but my friends can help me out I thought to myself as I touched the done button.

It took me almost six minutes to decide on a good profile picture. I landed on a selfie of me that I looked surprisingly good in, I don't look too bad I thought to myself as I completed the last steps of setting up my profile. Once I was done I was asked by the app to follow people. I chose to follow some artists, models, and brands that I liked in my recommended list. Then my eyes landed on the username anonymousperson_9, I furrowed my eyebrows at the name. This must be the official anonymous account I thought to myself, they were verified as well. I tapped on their account and saw that it was private, I wondered what they were up to so I decided to request to follow it.

I tapped on the screen to go back to my profile and once I did I realized how boring my account looked. I decided to create a bio and include a little bit of info about me. "Hm... Sounds right..." I said to myself as I stared at my new bio. It said my age, where I'm from, and that I'm taken. Boring but it's all the info you need on me. Once I figured I was done on Instagram I texted my friend group, I was excited to tell them the news they've been wanting to hear.

I typed quickly on my phone keyboard with a grin on my face, I was almost impatient for their reactions.

Me 11:32 p.m
Hey guys! Guess what... I finally made an Instagram account! its_y/n_3

Sarah 11:33 p.m
Ooo... Niceee, I am excited to see what you post lol

Jessie 11:33 p.m
The username will pass I guess although it needs some fixing up from me of course, and the bio.

Olivia 11:34 p.m
Omg, yay can I help you post your first post? Please!

I giggled at my friend's responses. After I chatted with them for a while I decided to go back on Instagram and explore the app more. When I launched the app I received a notification that the anonymous account has accepted my follow request. I wasn't expecting for them to accept so quickly. I tapped on their profile to see what they posted on Instagram. There was nothing new or what you wouldn't expect. It was mostly them exposing some celebrities, governments officials, and supporting all sorts of good movements, I love them already I thought to myself.

I went back to my profile and debated on posting a picture of me. My friend Olivia did mention she would help me out, so that gave me hope. I texted Olivia asking what picture I should post of me on my Instagram.

Me 11:50 p.m
Hey Olivia, I was wondering which photo I look best in? I really want to post something on Instagram.