Epilogue

"How are you doing, Mother?" I asked, a smirk playing on my lips as I approached the small, heavily guarded cave where she was imprisoned. My mother looked thinner and dirtier than the last time I saw her five years ago.

Her voice came out hoarse as she struggled to get up. "Get me out of here," she demanded, her eyes filled with desperation.

"You still have the guts," I remarked, moving closer to the cave's entrance.

"Do you remember the man you didn't want me to be with?" I taunted, enjoying her discomfort.

"We have two children now," I continued, relishing in her reaction. "And guess what?" I paused dramatically before placing a hand on my belly. "I'm pregnant again."

"Are you some sort of child-bearing machine now?" she spat out in anger, her words dripping with bitterness.

"It's not my fault you sold your womb," I retorted coolly. "You're just bitter."

"Maybe if you had been a good mother and accepted Lucifer, you would have been ruling the Devona kingdom by now," I added, a hint of cruelty in my tone. "But see you whenever."

As I turned to leave, her words stopped me in my tracks. "I just wanted what was good for Devona—a queen. He took the future of Devona away. What did you expect me to do?" she pleaded.

I walked back to the cave, bending down to her level. "You're quite convincing, Mother, but not anymore," I said firmly before walking away.

Outside the cave, Lucifer was waiting for me, his presence a comfort amidst the tension. He greeted me with a soft kiss, his concern evident in his eyes.

"She didn't hurt you, did she?" he asked, his touch gentle as he caressed my belly.

"She can't," I reassured him, leaning into his embrace.

"How's my queen and king doing?" he inquired, a smile spreading across his face as he felt the baby kick.

"Healthy as ever," I replied, returning his smile.

Lucifer's excitement about expecting a boy after two girls, and Paula making them three, It was overwhelming to think about raising a son, especially considering my lack of experience with boys.

"Take a deep breath," Lucifer instructed, preparing to teleport us. I complied, holding my breath as we vanished from one location and reappeared in another.

"This is the last time, I swear," Lucifer said.

"Lucifer," I chuckled, shaking my head at his persistence. "You worry too much."

He flashed me a sheepish grin. "I can't help it," he admitted. "I just want everything to be perfect."

I couldn't help but smile at his sincerity. Despite his tough exterior, Lucifer had a soft spot for our growing family.

"Time to eat," he declared, taking my hand and leading me towards the dining area.

"Eat?" I raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Yeah," he confirmed with a nod. "You know, food? Fuel for the body?"

I couldn't suppress a laugh at his exaggerated explanation. "I ate two hours ago," I reminded him, feeling a hint of annoyance creeping in.

"That's quite long, you know," he pointed out, his tone teasing.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "Well, if our son ends up getting too fat, it's your fault," I retorted, trying to lighten the mood.

"Duh," he replied, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips.

"But seriously, I'm not hungry," I confessed, watching as his smile faltered slightly.