Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Clementine POV

It was now midday, and I was in the staff lounge, having a cold meal of cheap pasta and beef in tomato sauce. I had used practically all of my money, leaving only a few hundred to purchase some food. If I don't get caught, I might do it again—maybe.

I was holding back everything in order to not give Amber the checkbook. But it's been a full day and it doesn't appear she missed it, so I can hold on to it for a bit longer.

"I've heard what took place. It stinks." Rita commented as she took her seat at the little round table.

The staff lounge only had a small space for instructors to dine, but it appeared that only Rita and I used it to sip their bad-tasting tea and coffee. When you're impoverished, you do bad things like steal money from the Mafia. God! Why can't I stop thinking about it?

"What did you hear?" I appear bewildered.

She gave me a "are you serious" raised brow expression. Rita was an attractive, edgy science instructor. She had thick locks that appeared matted. I believe she claimed it was a Rasta culture, primarily in the Caribbean. She also dresses differently; she always wears a long skirt with a blouse on top of another blouse. It seemed as if she had never left the early 2000s.

"It's not that big of a thing, you know."

"What, running into Nikolai Ivanov? Well, you're lucky you haven't simply magically fled town."

"Let me guess...a number of folks have inexplicably disappeared from town. There was no corpse recovered, thus it is assumed they are still alive." I nibbled on my hard, chilly spaghetti, and it seemed like I was chewing on my life. Rita's soft honey comb eyes focused on me. "She either railed or nailed you." She chuckled.

"Rita, has she railed you?" I taunted huskily.

"I wished. Who wouldn't want to get railed by a 6ft+ beast?"

"Not me." Although I wouldn't say that, my pussy would agree. I could feel all of the excitation glands in my body rumbling between my legs just thinking about her. "She's irritating."

"I should be the one to inform you about that. She is more than obnoxious. She just won't take no for an answer. She had two more daughters who passed through this school and no matter what they do, you can't do shit about their behavior."

Well, I'd like to think I'm concerned about it. I snatched her cash. I doubt she'd miss that money in her account.

"I guess I will leave this place next year."

"I thought you loved it here."

"Fuck, I should even try to leave town now." But now that my debt was paid off, I was free to stay and save all of the money I made from teaching in my back account.

I grumbled as I heard the bell ring. I reached inside my backpack for my schedule. Just like I don't know the kids' names by face, I don't know what classes to teach.

*************

I groaned with ecstasy as my teeth dug into the melting Hershey's white chocolate bar. My tongue sucked on it as the delicious sweetness melted and slid down my throat. It's been months since I last ate chocolate.

Exactly!

I was so broke that I couldn't afford a single five-dollar chocolate bar, so when I went grocery shopping, I picked one off the sweets rack, gave it a gentle pat, smacked it on the back, and talked lovingly to it.

My feet were propped up in the dirt-covered couch armrests, and my attention was focused exclusively on the television, which was playing a DVD. I couldn't afford cable, but thankfully, I had a few illicit porno movies made cheaply in an unknown motel, as well as a couple of movies that appeared to have been recorded with a phone while at the movies.