Chapter 29-Royalist Rebellion

September 19, Year 3

Fall has come to the City of Kokhavor, and for many of its citizens business continued on as usual. That's if you consider starving as a "Usual" practice among hobbies. The country's resources were being drained to produce war supplies for the ongoing conflict with Kylia. With limited manpower and medieval technology, Kokhavor stood no chance against the advanced and partially industrialized nation of Kylia.

Lord Malak's rule was also becoming increasingly unpopular as defeat after defeat was reported from the western front. Now the people had enough, the anger they harbored against the Malak and his supporters had reached its peak. It was the perfect opportunity for a coup.

Joseph's group of rebels had been secretly plotting to overthrow Lord Malak's oppressive rule. Now that the time was ripe, they set their plan in motion.

On a cold autumn morning, the Joseph's rebel's prepared to storm the lord's manor. A group of 50 men and women(because most of the men were either captured or killed in the war effort)armed with steel halberds, pulling carts full of weapons, marched through the streets of Kokhavor shouting slogans like: "Unification with Kylia!", "Down with the war!" and "Bread and Peace!"(A prelude to communism?)*

The people, seeing the commotion, started joining the crowd, swelling the number of rebels to 3000 people. More than a third of all residents in the city were now participating in the insurrection. Now armed, even if they weren't experienced in combat, they were a force to be reckoned with.

Such a large crowd of people would be very hard to miss, naturally this caught the attention of the lord.

"My lord, the situation in the city is terrible!" his advisors told him. "Even if we mobilize an army of 100 soldiers to fight against the rebels, we will be outnumbered 30 to 1. The rebels have nearly taken control of the entire city and are heading towards the manor!"

Lord Malak's face turned scrunched up in anger. "********! Those Kylian cowards must have incited this rebellion, we shouldn't have been so light on the security of the city. If I knew that those untouchables were cooperating with the Kylians, I would have hanged them immediately for treason. Pack up your stuff, it's not worth staying here, we'll leave for Rishka."

"Yes my lord!"

As the advisors left to prepare for their journey, Lord Malak stood up and looked out the window, thinking to himself. Just a year ago he was one of the six powerful lords of the Coalition of City States, never did they know that just a year later, their nation would be completely swallowed by the torrent of the Blue Army. Perhaps it was never meant to be.

Lord Malak left his throne room and joined his advisors, leaving the manor, not noticing that somebody was hiding on a roof a few blocks away from them.

Former Squad leader Zoloti who was tasked with eliminating lord Malak, currently was resting on top of a roof with his Kammerlader rifle.

When Zoloti first led the rebels down the streets of Kokhavor to the manor, they did not expect so many civilians would crowd around them to join their noble cause. Because of this, the marching speed of the entire rebelion slowed down significantly, presenting an opportunity for Malak to escape. Changing their plans, Joseph asked Zoloti if he could snipe Malak from a distance with one of his "thunder sticks". Now Zoloti finds himself in the particular situation that he is in.

He proceeds to cock the hammer mounted under the weapon, opening the breech. Carefully placing a percussion cap on the nipple, he poured a pre measured amount of gunpowder into the breach, with a paper cartridge used as wadding. Finally the bullet is placed in the chamber, rotates a crank forward, locks the breech, ready to fire at a target.