Chapter 14-Capture Rosa

Dec 20, Year 2

After I had led the charge against the Rosian army, we set up a command headquarters outside the city walls, where I was in a tent with Odin, currently looking at a map of our forces inside the city.

"During the siege to storm the walls of Rosa, we infantrymen sustained 10 casualties, all just light injuries that are being treated right now," he explained.

"For a siege, this is an impossibly low number, we could theoretically conquer the entire basin with zero killed if we keep this up"

"We have expended 10000 bullets, along with 100 round shot rounds and 10 canister rounds."

"Most of the city has been occupied, the Rosians are very submissive after seeing their fellow compatriots die so brutally."

"Only the central manor remains unoccupied because of staunch resistance from Rosian fanatics.

"I and my fellow captains strongly believe that Rosa resides trapped in the central manor."

"By this evening we will perform the final push to complete the capture of Rosa."

"There had also been reports of a Galley escaping with envoys from nearby city states leaving the city's harbor before the city was swarmed."

"This may lead to a coalition of city states amassing an army against us in the future."

Just then a blonde male Rohati stumbled in through the front flap of the tent.

"Ma'am, may I have permission to speak?" He asked.

Yes Sergeant Zoloti, go on.

"We just received a message directly from the enemy leader, Rosa, that they wish to surrender."

"All the enemy soldiers are now disarmed and secured by the army, along with being treated by the logistics company."

"After entering the fortification we captured the leader of the Rosians, Rosa, we are now awaiting orders on how to deal with the former leader."

Before I issue anything rash, I want to speak with Rosa, after all this is my first time speaking to one of my siblings.

"She's staying at a temporary Prisoner of War camp that we just set up inside the city, along with the other enemy soldiers," he responded.

Well, let's see what our prisoner has to say, I said as I exited the tent.

Walking into the camp you could see hundreds of Rosian soldiers in terrible condition.

Many houses in the city were hastily evacuated to use as hospitals for the injured.

From some houses you could hear screams of men having their limbs amputated off.

Outside, rows of treated wounded men were gathered around, looking at the sky with cold eyes or moaning in grief for their dead compatriots.

At the center of the camp a certain house lay, barricaded, with Elite Kylian Infantrymen acting as guards, patrolling the area.

"Your majesty, here," a guard said as he opened the door.

Inside the house layed a haggard looking valordian, the former leader, Rosa.

Looking back at me in surprise, she then gave off a tight smile.

"I should have known, it was not the old man who defeated me, but my own little sister."

He's still alive, you know.

"Well I thought he was dead, the last time I saw him was 20 years ago and he looked old as a dead log in the middle of winter, how old are you anyways?"

Umm...I'm turning three in a couple days, I honestly responded.

"Isn't that a bit too young?" while us Valords are born partially grown up, we still have to mentally mature like any other living being, she said suspiciously.

I'm gifted, I quickly quipped.

"Yeah, yeah, now, what are you gonna do with me and my people?" She said with a serious overtone.

Well for you, I'm planning to keep you as a prisoner of war, I said truefully.

She nodded her head, "go on."

And for your people, I plan to completely assimilate them into Kylian territory, by this upcoming summer using some new farming methods I developed last year to gain the trust of the people.

After that, with a new population base, I plan to conquer all the city states within the Rosa Basin.

"Thank you for being merciful to my people, however you're forgetting one thing."

What?

"The other Valords, especially eldest brother Viskov to the north, would not like to see a unified Rosa Basin, they will try to stop you."

Oh, I wouldn't worry too soon if I were you.

After all, from Rosa to the Hylian sea, the Kylian army is the strongest.