Chapter 25-Pavo capitulates

August 11, Year 3

While Kylia fought the Coalition forces, the war between Pavo and Hyrule had taken a turn for the worse.

The combined fleet of Pavo and Zeleny were able to keep Hyrule from dominating the southern Hylian sea.

However, the various forces comprising the two kingdoms and various city states were being pushed back by the Hylian army.

'Attack! Let those barbarians see how powerful the Hylian Army is!'

'Let them know that land power belongs to the Kingdom of Hyrule, and no one can take away the power of the Hylian Army,' General Pantekina roared loudly.

30 Hylian Legions, or 30,000 soldiers, lined up in loose formations, charging at the Joint Pavonian Army.

"Kill!" On the other side, the Joint Pavonian Army is also ready for battle.

7 Joint Pavonian Legions, or 7000 soldiers, lined up in a battle line, with weapons ready for killing.

'Reinforce our left and right wings,' General Gemein of the Pavonian Joint Army ordered, 'we cannot afford to allow ourselves to become surrounded by the Hylian Army.'

All Legions received orders and began to make adjustments. With 3 Legions on each wing and only one in the middle.

With this formation it would be hard for the Hylian Army to effectively surround the Pavonian Joint Army without experiencing heavy casualties.

But General Pantekina is not a young commander in a battle situation, but an experienced general.

'Order our troops to assemble into the 5 pronged fork formation!' He quickly ordered.

He knows that the Pavonian Joint Army's formation is wary of being surrounded, however this also left the center of the formation exposed.

10 Hylian Legions were focused in the center of the formation, with 5 legions on each side to confront the Pavionian Joint Army's own side legions.

As a final surprise, 10 legions would sneak behind the Pavonian Joint Army formation from the far outskirts of the battle, hopefully causing the fatal blow to the Pavionians.

Soon, both armies collided with each other, quickly filling the area with the sound of swords and spears clashing.

Despite the Hylian numerical advantage of more that three to one, they could not surround the Pavionian Joint Army force.

"Huh! The Hylians are not smart." Seeing the actions of the Hylian Army, General Gemein had a smile on his face, as if he had won the battle just now.

His smile faded away as he counted the amount of Hylians pressing on the center formation.

The Hylians were pressing hard on the center, causing the Pavonian Joint Army formation to form a V shape.

"Order reinforcement to the center!" he ordered after realizing his mistake.

But it was too late.

The Joint Pavonian Army was taken by surprise, and chaos ensued. The Hylians were able to break through the center of the Pavonian formation, splitting their force in two.

Just then from the rear 10 legions of Hylian soldiers rapidly attacked, inflicting heavy casualties among the Pavonian Joint Army.

The Pavonians fought bravely, but they were outnumbered and outmatched.

After just minutes of fierce fighting, the Pavionian Joint Army routed, fleeing the battlefield with heavy losses as the Hylian Army emerged victorious.

General Gemein fled with his remaining men to the capital city of Pavo to report the situation to Valord Pavo.

"My lord, the Pavonian Joint Army has been annihilated by the Hylians, and the entire army has been almost wiped out. Nearly 7000 troops are now either killed or captured by the enemy." Gemein reported to Valord Pavo.

"Damn it! The Hylians are too powerful. Why are they doing this to us?" Pavo couldn't help venting at Gemein.

Although, he already knew how powerful the Hylian Army was. However, he was not as shocked as the destruction of the Pavonian Joint Army in such a short period of time.

"My lord, what should we do now? After the Hylians ate up the Pavonian Joint Army, the next target must be the Capital."

"Order our people to pack immediately. We can no longer stay in the Kingdom of Pavo, and flee to the Kingdom of Zeleny!" Admiral Letzki immediately issued an order.

Since all of the forces of Pavo have now been destroyed, it's only inevitable that the Hylians capture the city of Pavo, in that case it is best to flee while they still can.

The Kingdom of Zeleny still has hundreds of troops left to confront Hyrule, if you could join them then you're safe.

With that order carried out, thousands of people started to flee Pavo and evacuate into the Kingdom of Zeleny.

August 18, Year 3, inside Pavo City.

A week after Pavo sent the order to evacuate, the Hylian Army finally arrived at the City of Pavo.

This time the Pavonians didn't even try to resist as legions of Hylian races marched through the city gates.

Hylian troops then quickly captured the central keep, to use as an area to discuss future operations.

"General, according to our estimates, our casualties number less than 2000 while only 100 people from the Pavonian Joint Army escaped at most."

"The rest were either killed or captured by us. Known to carry the most Pavonian forces, the whole army has been eliminated by us!" General Pantekina's assistant smiled.

General Pantekina smiled and nodded: "It would be great if the Kylians could also send us their army to the front. In this case, we may soon be able to win the victory over West Hylia. !"

"Of course, then we might as well crush all of these barbarians in battle," the assistant responded back.

Unknown to both of them, the Blue Army's combat effectiveness is hundreds of times stronger than the Hylians.

Under Kylia's leadership, the Kingdom of Kylia is now centuries ahead of their peers on weaponry and technology.

If the Blue Army and the Hylian Army ever meet on the battlefield, the Blue army can send the Hylians running if outnumbered two to one or even five to one.

However the Hylians don't know this as the Kingdom of Kylia is isolated by the west trench river and is too far from Hyrule to infiltrate with merchants.

"Your Highness, the Blue Army is too busy fighting the Coalition up north. It is now the main force of the barbarians in the surrounding area of Western Hylia."

"I am afraid they will not dispatch the Blue Army so easily," the assistant sadly exclaimed.

"Such a shame, nevertheless we are now inside Pavo city."

"Keep 4,000 troops to occupy the city, we will advance south towards Zeleny with 15,000 troops as another force of 9,000 will go to conquer the central city states."

"Long live His Majesty the King!"