Chapter 28-Long Live The Revolution!

September 15, Year 3

In a dreary shack outside the City of Kokhavor a group of people seem to be gathered around a dimly lit table, their faces illuminated by the flickering candles, plotting something. Among the most remarkable in the group, a stout young Rohati named Joseph was currently leading the conference.

"Compatriots, when we joined this war all of us thought of how glorious it would be crushing the Kylians in battle. However, things didn't turn out the way we expected to. The Kylians had completely plowed through Coalition forces and have now occupied most of the basin. Because of these defeats, our economy is now in shambles. By lord Malak's order, all the food that we had harvested for our wellbeing had been seized by the army. Countless Kokhavians died of starvation simply because they did not have enough to eat!"

"Even in face of all of this, Lord Malak insists on fighting, with total disregard for the hundreds of Kokhavian men who were killed or captured in the battle of Okland. Under Queen Kylia's rule, life's almost like no war was taking place at all. In Kylia, commoners actually have a voice in their own government. It's time for the people to rise from their noble oppressors!" He exclaimed, excitedly.

The group nodded in agreement, all of them knowing that they would now be truly considered traitors in the eyes of Malak's government. Then, a silence spread throughout the room as the question of how to start a successful coup against the Lord arose.

Finally, one of them spoke up. "If we are able to overthrow Lord Malak, then what? The Kylians may try to annex the lands surrounding Kokhavor. Meanwhile, with the economy in shambles, how would we ever defend ourselves against the Kylian onslaught?"

Another guy in the back added. "Even if we maintain sovereignty from Kylia, recently the Kingdom of Hyrule has been swallowing up entire kingdoms, with the population of Kokhavor, the Hylians would have no trouble occupying Kokhaver!"

Before the group had further time to think over these problems, Joseph addressed them all, as if he was expecting this predicament to happen.

"The real question we should be asking is who should we join, Kylia, Viskov or Hyrule? We all know that Kokhaver will never be able to stand up on its own, its population base is too weak, not enough land, etc. So we should be trying to maximize benefits for our people by joining a major power. Hyrule is out of the question, as it is known of the intentions they harbor against our people. Viskov is also not a great option, they are too busy fighting Hyrule right now and are too far away to provide any meaningful assistance. Kylia is our best option, the Kylians have a very exceptional government, and they also follow the values that we are striving for. They also are close by, and are known to help with reconstruction for the territories that they have conquered. Lastly, the Kylians regard all of their people within their borders as their own, meaning that if Hyrule ever tries to invade Kokhavor, the Kylian Army will be there to protect us!"

The group fell into a heated debate, each member voicing their concerns about the prospect of joining the Kingdom of Kylia. But in the end all members unanimously agreed that Kokhavor should join Kylia.

"We still did not address the problem of actually launching a coup. Where would we get equipment and supplies to launch a siege on Malak's manor? Will the people support us? If it fails, the consequences will be disastrous." A member commented.

Joseph responded, "It will not fail. The anger of the people has been suppressed for too long. I also was able to obtain "secret funding" for our endeavor."

"Zoloti, you may come out now."

As if on cue, the candles flickered once more and a figure emerged from the shadows. It was Zoloti, the Kylian farmer who became a Sergeant of the 42nd Infantry squad of the Blue Army. After the battle of Rosa Zoloti applied for the newly formed KIA where he went through a rigorous training course to become an Kylian Intelligence Agent(Spy). He was the spy who reported the Coalition Army's movements to Kylia from a bar inside the City of Okland. Now he is inciting an insurrection in the City of Kokhavor.

"Hello fellow compatriots, my name is Zoloti, a Kylian citizen and I am here to help," he greeted them with a smile.

Many members of the group could not help but gasp in shock as they realized the implications that this man in front of them meant.

"He's a Kylian spy!" A member of the group exclaimed out loud in a feverish tone.

"I prefer to call my occupation a 'Intelligence Agent' if that helps you," he responded.

"What difference does that make?" another retorted.

Seeing that the conversation was going off topic, Joseph then interrupted the restless exchange of words.

"Anyways, the Kylian government agreed to provide us with 10,000 rupees worth of military equipment and supplies for us to launch the uprising."

"You mean YOU agreed to the Kylians without telling us." a member of the group said disgustedly.

Looking squirmish, Zoloti laughed, "well, xa-xa-xa, it looks like I'll be working with you guys on planning the coup."

Joseph only sighed at his little joke as he started to explain how they would carry out the coup.

"First a few selected rebels, along with Zoloti, will storm Malak's manor, surprising his guards and taking them down one by one. Then people of Kokhavor, who had been living in fear, will be incentivized to join the rebellion, overwhelming Malak's remaining loyal soldiers. After that Zoloti will quickly take out Lord Malak himself" Joseph explained.

Zoloti frowned, he did not want to personally take on Malak himself, however, seeing that most of the members in the group still had ugly looks on their faces, Zoloti decided it was best to keep quiet.

"Khay zhyve revolyutsiya!" The others agreed solemnly, yet ready to lead a revolution that will determine the fate of Kokhavor.