Chapter 12-Training the Blue Army.

About 3 months later, the country produced 1000 Uniforms, Swords, and Provisions for all soldiers

200 Kammerlader rifles and 400 muskets along with 25000 bullets were Produced for Kylian Infantrymen.

20 Gribeauval cannons along with 200 round shot rounds and 100 canister shot rounds for Kylian Artillerymen.

For a Kylian Soldier, equipment is a matter of survival, especially during the harsh Kylian winter.

Even something as simple as a button can make the difference between victory and defeat if it fails to function properly at the wrong time.

For this reason Kylian Soldiers have developed a strong tendency to become attached to equipment they like, and to modify or discard equipment they find unreliable or useless.

Among the Infantrymen, who have to carry their equipment wherever they go, this tendency is even stronger.

Soldiers must carry everything they need for combat operations with them at all times.

All Kylian soldiers are equipped with at least a pair of gray woolen mittens, a gray woolen coat, a pair of gray woolen pants, a blue sheepskin cloak, a pair of long leather boots, a sword, a backpack full of provisions, and a black sheepskin hat with a blue star in the front.

At the beginning of recruitment, each platoon was raised, trained, and equipped by the state of origin, leading to a great deal of variation in equipment and uniforms.

As time went on, we were able to standardize the equipment.

Kylian Infantrymen were equipped with rifles, wore a belt set with a cartridge box and sling, cap box, sword and bayonet scabbard.

The leather cartridge box held forty cartridges, paper tubes filled with conical bullets and black powder issued in small packs of ten.

The cartridge box, with a removable liner made of tin that kept cartridges in order, was the safest way to protect the cartridges from sparks that could set off an explosion.

Each cartridge box also had a small pouch for a cleaning kit.

Extra cartridges that did not fit into the cartridge box were carried in pockets or a knapsack.

The cap box, a small leather pouch worn on the front of the belt, held percussion caps, which had to be handled carefully because they were also very explosive.

A Kylian Infantryman carried enough ammunition to fire about 40 shots into battle.

Drill and camp duties, fatigue during morning marches, and a host of emotions, from boredom to anxiety, comprised most of their days.

While in camp, two soldiers usually shared a tent and their personal belongings.

The soldier's military possessions were stored in the tent.

Infantrymen were responsible for maintaining their wool uniforms, rifles, and a cartridge box with ammunition.

The tent housed the soldier's personal effects and items needed for daily life.

The soldier carried tin cups, eating utensils, and plates for the daily food rations issued by the quartermaster.

The food in camp consisted of hardtack, dried meats, grain, salt and vodka.

Few soldiers kept personal items such as diaries, letters from home, and drawings of loved ones in their tents, or wrapped within their bedrolls on the march.

Life in camp required soldiers to drill, stand watch, and perform regular military duties.

When not performing military duties, soldiers came up with simple and creative ways to entertain themselves.

From playing the cards and checkers games that I made, Kylian soldiers played basic games with each other in order to pass the time.

While the soldiers played their games and mended their clothes, music was a welcome pastime in an otherwise dull camp life.

In one particularly big tent, I and 5 captains were discussing military strategy.

Each captain was a knight that I chose that showed talent in modern warfare.

Aviasti, a short female Lavovy who was Captain of the 3rd Kylian Infantry company, was speaking fervently.

"In total we have only three Infantry companies that can be put into direct combat, that's about 600 men, the Rosians have over 1500 warriors that they can throw at us!"

"We Lavovy can't even fly in the winter, we're boned!" She exclaimed.

"Hey, well you guys are just armed with tiny little hand cannons, us artillery have 4-pounders, don't we count to," Artyleriya, Captain of the 1st Artillery Company, who was a much taller female Lavovy, snapped back.

"You know, you do realize that both of you rely on us for logistics," slurred Vahon, Captain of the 1st Logistics Company, who was a male Rohati, and had been drinking since the meeting started.

Looking at the trio in front of me, I then sighed, contemplating why I picked them at all.

Glancing at Odin, Captain of the 1st Elite Infantry Company, a male Rohati, I then signaled him to intervene.

"Lads and Ladies, the Queen has something to say."

The trio all turned to face me as I got up off the ground.

That is unacceptable behavior, this time there will be no consequences, only a warning, but if I see someone of your rank drinking in front of your superior, let alone your Queen, expect demotion.

I will show you how we will defeat Rosa, I said as I got out a map.

All 1000 troops of our army will travel quickly along the rosa river on the north side.

In a surprise attack we destroy Rosa City's walls with 3 Artillery Squads, along with 5 Infantry Squads to do a complete breakthrough.

Using speed, the remaining 7 Infantry Squads will rush in to occupy the city as fast as possible before Rosa can group up its remaining army for a counter attack.

In short our entire plan will be focused on speed, after all in winter, on enemy territory and outnumbered we cannot rely on a battle of attrition.

"Wonderful", Yuter, Captain of the 2nd Infantry Company, a male Rohati, cheered on.

"But one question, when do we begin leaving?"

Even with skis, it will take 15 days to travel 600 kilometers.

Tomorrow, we need to get there while we have winter on our side.