Chapter 22-Battle of Okland

August 1, Year 3

After the Blue Army left the Barracks, we marched for dozens of days through the forests and plains of the Northern Rosa Basin.

In front of the Blue Army, I sent a small group of Cavalry soldiers to attract the attention of the Coalition army.

Now all we had to do was to wait for the Coalition Army to catch the bait.

Lord Koal of the city of Okland, stood on the outer city walls, his eyes scanning the horizon for any sign of danger.

As part of the City State Coalition, it was his duty to defend this city at all cost.

And today, it seemed that threat had arrived.

An enemy force of 400 horsemen had been spotted in the distance, charging towards the city gates.

His military advisor, General Marcus, stood beside him, his expression grave as he surveyed the scene below them.

"We should attack them, my Lord," he replied, his voice laced with ignorance. "It seems to me that while the Kylians sustained heavy casualties after capturing the City of Rosa, they now possess enough horses to produce an elite force of knights.

Lord Koal furrowed his brows, contemplating his words. It was true, in the medieval times, knights were the most elite unit an army could wield.

Just 400 knights may bring heavy casualties to a force of 1000 peasant levies.

"Send out the whole Coalition Army," Koal commanded, his mind already fantasizing about defeating the Kylians. 'We need to destroy the entire Kylian Army."

General Marcus nodded, quickly issuing the order to one of his men.

"Bring out the Coalition Army, we shall attack at all costs."

His actions would later become the cause of the annihilation of the Coalition Army.

Odin, a newly promoted Lieutenant Colonel in the Blue Army, had seen his fair share of battles and strategized countless maneuvers for the past Fermerian Army.

But nothing could have prepared him for the task at hand - retreating his cavalry from the Coalition Army.

It was a risky move, a risk of an orderly retreat turning into a real one, but a risk that was necessary to secure victory in this war.

As their horses galloped in front of the chasing enemy he cried out, "Listen carefully, my brothers, we shall lead these men into their glorious deaths, for the Queen, for the Kingdom, and for we shall never become slaves!"

For the Queen, for the Kingdom, and for we shall never become slaves!" The numerous Cavalry men roared out as the distance between them and the enemy became smaller and smaller.

Just when the spears from Coalition horsemen seemed to wave over their heads, a marching song from the main Blue Army rang out, releasing cheers all around.

"We were born in a great hour,"

"From the fires of war, and the flames of gunshots,"

"We were nurtured by the pain of losing our name,"

"We were fed by anger and malice to our enemies."

"And here we walk in the battle of life"

"Solid, durable, unbreakable, like granite,"

"For crying hasn't given freedom to anyone yet,"

"But whoever is a fighter, he conquers the world."

"We want neither glory, nor payment."