Prologue

My name is Robert Coke and looking at my life, you can say I am very lucky. I look nothing too out of the ordinary.

I'm 5'10, with black curly hair, tanned skin, and quite ripped if I say so myself. 

I was born in Lake Oswego, Oregon, a rich city in the Pacific Northwest of the old US of A

My parents were well-educated individuals who exposed me to various fields of science at a young age.

I was fascinated by biology, astronomy, technology, and geology.

Growing up, I lived comfortably in the upper middle class, not needing to worry about food or bills.

In elementary school, I was a bright student with above average grades.

I was also taller than most of my peers, which made me stand out.

If you think I'm lucky because of this, well, you are wrong.

After middle school, my grades dropped drastically.

I struggled to keep up with the academic demands and my once sharp mind seemed to have disappeared.

I finished high school with just A's, B's, and C's.

I was screwed, and I knew it. So after leaving my family to my younger sister, I went to get my bachelor's degree and applied for the army as a weapons specialist.

I was super lucky to get the position, as most engineers who join the army end up doing menial tasks like cleaning pipes or toilets.

After making a complete 180-degree turn in life, I now live in Spokane, Washington, working as a weapons engineer for the military.

My job involves designing, maintaining, and upgrading the military weapons and systems of America.

It may not have been my dream job, but it pays the bills and I am content.

I was 30 years old when it happened on April 20th, 2025. I went to sleep like any other day and never woke up again.

It was April 20th, 2025 in Moscow, Russia.

In the heart of Eastern Europe, tensions were high as a major event was about to unfold.

The year had been marked by conflict, particularly between Russia and Ukraine.

Ever since Western aid to Ukraine had ceased, the Russians had taken advantage of the situation and launched a massive counteroffensive.

The Ukrainians were being pushed back on all fronts, causing devastation and loss of life on both sides.

The Russians, known for their lack of regard for their own people, were using huge numbers of soldiers to advance.

But amidst the chaos and destruction, there was a glimmer of hope for the Ukrainians.