Chapter 13-Arrival at Rosa

Dec 20 Year 2

After Zoloti joined the army, he was immediately put into training for 8 weeks.

Waking up at six in the morning he would march off to ski, then more marching, lunch break, and more drilling followed by policing the camp.

Weapon inspection and cleaning followed, perhaps one final drill, dinner, and taps around nine or nine thirty in the evening.

Because he showed competency in leadership, he got promoted to Sergeant of the 42nd Infantry squad.

"Our Kylian Empire conquers."

"The whole world from Rosa to Hyrule to the east."

"Above the ground everywhere will sign:"

"The Capital, Vodka, the Kylian People."2x

"To all those around us, it's not worth your while."

"If we were to turn you to ashes."

"We thank you profoundly, and bow to you deeply."

"From the mightiest nation in all the world."2x

"Our Kylian Empire conquers."

"The whole world from Rosa to Hyrule to the east."

"Above the ground everywhere will sign:"

"The Capital, Vodka, the Kylian People."2x

Marching in step, Sergeant Zoloti, sang this song while trudging along a tall ridge.

After skiing along the river for 15 days, the captains decided to go north and then head south in a surprise attack.

During the day they skied and marched between dawn and dusk, setting up camps at night because of the risk of accidents and injury.

Camps were just bushcraft shelters that we made with wood, bushes, and pines from the forest, along with tarps to cover as a roof.

Three soldiers would share a shelter, with one soldier waking up every hour to feed more wood to the fire.

Soldiers would sometimes melt snow in metal buckets to create water to drink.

A couple times they would stop over at the river to do some ice fishing.

Seeing the Queen herself signal his Company to stop, Zoloti then ordered his own to put their skis on.

Looking down he could see the mighty city of Rosa downhill sitting on the bank of the Rosa river, flashing off its Majestic walls.

Looking up on top of the ridge, he saw 10 4-pound cannons being pulled up, facing the enemy.

Listening, he heard a single word from the Artillery Captain.

"Fire!"

"Boom," the cannons roared as they pounded on those walls, the enemy soldiers in the town waking up, all thinking that a thunderstorm was going on.

Looking around, he saw a man on the wall standing erect, with his head off, a stream of blood spurting a foot or more from his neck.

As he turned farther to the left, he saw three other enemies lying on the ground, all killed by this cannon shot.

This was the first time he saw men killed so brutally in battle.

Each time the shot struck as it was descending—the first man had his head taken off, the next was shot through the breast, the next through the stomach, and the fourth had all his bowels torn out.

"The Fermerians have weapons of thunder, they can attack in the winter!" The enemy soldiers cried before being pierced by occasional gunfire.

A few Kylian soldiers were puking from witnessing the massacre unfolding in front of their eyes.

Shortly after, those walls collapsed, as if they were made of mud and sticks, opening the whole city to the Kylian Army.

"Charge!" The Queen yelled and following her countless battlecries of Kylian Infantrymen responded with "Glory to Kylia!"

600 Infantrymen skied down the slope, rushing past the rubble of Rosa's defenses with their bayonets on and charging through any remaining enemy soldiers.

Sounds of bayonets piercing through poorly made armor and flesh could be heard all over the battlefield.

With the momentum from the hill aiding him he skillfully glided to the field, occasionally shooting at fanatical Rosians who were resisting for their Valord.

Skiing towards the broken walls, he saw bodies of mangled corpses from round shot rounds lying all around him.

"Help me!", moaned some Rosian soldiers who were injured from the cannon fire.

"The logistics team will come around to treat any injured soldiers, both Kylian and prisoners of war" Zoloti responded.

"Thank you," was all they could manage to say.

Leaving the walls, Zoloti's squad made it into the city limits, disequipping their skis and joined up with the rest of the army.

Meanwhile at the docks of the city, which had not been captured by Kylian forces yet, five Rohati envoys of various city states stole the only galley in the city.

"We have to report this to our respective countries as fast as possible," a male Rohati stated.

"Agreed, we must convince our city states that Kylia is a serious threat to all nations that reside in the Rosa River Basin," two another male Rohati exclaimed.

"What about the Valord Rosa? Should we leave her at the mercy of the Kylians?" A female Rohati questioned.

The biggest of the five spoke up, "We should focus on ourselves first, because Rosa, the former most powerful country in the basin, has fallen."