Chapter 35

Three months had now passed since Symphony had fallen into her coma like state. Alexander moved her from her hospital room to their bedroom in the new house that he had built. He made an office in his room to be by her side daily. He never let anyone in unless it was the doctors, he even shut Damion and Gavin out. He was slowly slipping into madness waiting for her to finally wake up.

Several days later he though he saw her move her hands and immediately called the doctors in. They checked her over and came to the conclusion that he was seeing things. Well, a few days later Alexander saw her hand move again, this time he didn't call the doctors until he was sure about what he saw. He sat and stared at her hand for hours before it moved again, and her eyelids started to flutter.

This time he called the doctors and explained to them what he saw. This time when they checked her over, she moved her hand again and slowly opened her eyes. Everyone drew in a breath as she looked around confused. She lifted her arms up looking at them like they were foreign objects to her. She tried to speak but was still unable to. She looked around the room studying the doctors, looking from face to face until she saw the one, she missed the most, Alexanders'.

As she slowly tried to sit up everyone let their breath out. Alexander rushed to her side to help her. He had tears running down his face. She had never seen him cry before. She lifted her hand up to his face to wipe away the tears. She heard the door open and saw that Damion and Gavin had entered the room, smiles across their faces.

The doctors did quick work of checking her over and when they were satisfied, they left, telling Alexander to call them if anything changed. To say there was an overbearing amount of happiness in that room was an understatement. Alexander, Damion, and Gavin were so happy to see her awake, even if she couldn't talk yet at her eyes were open and she was moving.

"You had a so scared sweetheart." Alexander told her.

"We were getting worried about you. I was missing my training partner." Gavin said.

"We were running out of ways to keep Mr. Bigshot over there from losing his mind." Damion told her.

She looked at Alexander, concern written on her face.

"I am ok, I promise. I just went a little crazy while you were out nothing serious." He said giving the other two warning looks to keep them quiet.

She looked around for something to write with. She pointed to Alexanders desk and made a motion like she was writing. He understood and grabbed her a pen and paper.

"How long have I been out." She wrote.

"4 and a half months you have been out." Gavin told her.

She was shocked.

"Where am I?" she asked.

"This is the house I had built to replace the one that burned. I found some of the pictures of ones you liked and had them combined into one." Alexander told her.

She nodded.

"What happened to Jaxson?"

The guy's face went white. Did she forget what happened that day?

"He was killed. The day of the attack after you escaped from him. To be more specific you killed him." They all chimed in.

She looked at them confused.

"What attack? Why did I have to escape him? Why in the hell did the house burn, did Gavin try cooking again?" She wrote.

The last question made the guys chuckle.

"You really don't remember what happened?" Alexander asked.

She shook her head, No. She looked at them for answers. They looked at her like she had three heads. What was she missing.

"The last thing I remember was accepting Alexander as my mate. What am I missing?" She asked again.

She was starting to get upset with them because they weren't giving her an answer. She kept racking her brain trying to figure out everything and it was giving her a headache. She shoved the pen and paper away, trying to stand. Alexander jumped to his feet to help her. She gave him a dirty look but let him help her, she pointed to the bathroom. When she got there, she shut the door in his face. She turned on the water and stripped down, climbing into the tub, and turning the shower on. She used the water to block out the guys in the other room, she knew they thought she was crazy, but she didn't remember anything that they had told her. She wanted her voice back so she could scream at them that they are being ridiculous, there was no attack, she didn't kill anyone, she was never kidnapped, and she most certainly didn't run away from anyone.

She didn't know how long she was in the shower for, but she heard a few knocks on the door.

"You ok, in there, Symphony?" Gavin asked through the door.

She shut the water off and grabbed a towel to wrap around her. She opened the door and saw their stunned faces as she walked out with just a towel around her. She pointed to Alexander and then back to herself, asking for clothes. He let out a warning growl to Damion and Gavin as he went to get her an outfit. She rolled her eyes at him. When he handed her clothes, she went back to the bathroom to change. As she came back out, she motioned her hand as if to tell the guys to go away. Alexander laughed but quickly quieted when she looked at him, pointed at him and pointed to the door. He went to protest but she just pointed again for him to get out.

He looked a little hurt, but she didn't care at the moment. She had bigger problems than his hurt ego. When they all left, she climbed into bed, still trying to make sense of everything that she had been told. She wished she could remember what happened, but she couldn't and the guys all made her feel stupid for not knowing what happened. She fell asleep crying.

The next morning, Alexander came in with breakfast as a peace offering but Symphony was still sleeping. He didn't want to wake her up, so he set the tray on a stand beside the bed and left. When he left, she sat up, she hadn't been sleeping, she had been up since midnight thanks to a nightmare. She looked at the food on the tray but wasn't hungry. She listened for the sound of Alexander's footsteps going away from the door, once she could no longer hear them, she went over to his desk, hoping to find some answers.

All that sat on his desk were reports about the kingdom, different sheets of numbers that made no sense to her, and a notebook. She almost thought the notebook was just full of notes regarding the kingdom's affairs, but as she flipped through it, she realized that it was Alexanders journal. It had started the day she accepted him as her mate. There was a part of her that knew she shouldn't be reading it, but the other part wondered if there were answers to the questions, she had that the guys didn't want to answer.

She sat at the desk and skimmed through it until she found what she was looking for. There were a few entries stating that she had ben kidnapped and the house had been burned to the ground, another said that they never would give up looking for her, another on the day she came back, some claiming there was going to be an attack by Jaxson, there was one that said on the day of the attack she had plunged into battle killing whoever stood in her way and she fought Jaxson ripping his head from his body and killing the other rouges simultaneously before she collapsed and was lifted into the air and started glowing and disintegrated the corpses of the rouges. The next entry was from when she was in the hospital and wouldn't wake up.

These entries left more questions in her mind than answers, as she didn't remember any of this. She heard footsteps coming back toward the room, so she put the journal back where she found it and crawled back into bed. She grabbed the tray of food, making it seem like she had just woken up and started eating. The footsteps at her door stopped and she heard the doorknob turn. In walked Alexander, a hurt look on his face. She knew he didn't know that she had been snooping through his stuff, so she figured he just felt bad about last night. She patted the bed, and he came and sat down. She tried to make him feel better but with no voice it was hard to express how she felt. She continued eating while he sat there in silence just looking at her. Thankful she had finally woken up, even if she didn't have her voice at least she was there.