Chapter 21

The day of Symphony's birthday drew closer, and it was a bittersweet feeling for her. She wished she was able to have her friends at her party, but she knew that wouldn't be happening. Worst of all she missed her best friend, Fiona, granted she was tormented and put through hell by her just a short time ago, but she was still Symphony's best friend for 11 years. She wondered if she could invite some of the people, she had met in Pawfoot. She would have to ask. She did miss the hotel owner whom she had helped for room and food. It was hard to believe that that was almost a year ago.

Alexander had all but given up on getting any information out of Fiona, he had been doing his worst on her for almost a month and still she wouldn't break, he even let Dax come out and try to get her to talk. He wondered if maybe she really did have nothing to tell him, he had his doubts on that though considering the only thing that she was adamant about was the fact that she thought the kingdom should be hers. He had considered trying to get her to talk to Symphony but wasn't sure how that would go over.

He decided to wait it out and see what the next few days would bring. He needed to talk to Damion anyway to see if he had found any new information that may help him. On top of that, he had to get things ready for Symphony's party, which was only two days away. He had told her that it was just going to be small with Gavin, Damion, himself and her but he made a few calls and after running severe checks on them he selected a few of her close friends to be there along with some of the people from Pawfoot. He hoped she would be ok with it all.

As he headed towards his office he ran into Symphony as she was heading to the kitchen, she seemed distracted.

"You ok, little one?" he asked her.

"Yeah, just thinking. Don't worry." She replied sweetly.

She had been trying to avoid Alexander the past few days while she worked through her emotions towards him. He had finally quit suffocating her which was helpful to her thoughts.

"Alright, I will be in my office if you need anything."

She watched him walk away letting out the breath she had been holding. She knew she should hate him for what he did but she didn't. As much as she wanted to that just wasn't her, heck she couldn't even bring herself to hate Fiona even after she put her through hell and back. It just wasn't in her nature.

She went and made herself some coffee and toast. As she sat down at the table to eat Gavin walked in.

"Morning, little wolf" he said teasingly "How would you feel about learning some self defense techniques today?"

"Well, the doc is supposed to be here soon to check on my progress. If he gives the ok, I'll be glad to. It's about time I learned something useful in case something happens again" she said.

"Awesome. You should learn it, not just for whatever may be in store in the future but just to have the knowledge of it for everyday life." Gavin smiled at her.

"Do you mind if I join you?" he asked before he sat down.

"Not at all. I was just thinking about everything that has happened lately, but I could use a distraction."

They sat and talked about anything and everything until the doctor showed up. He made quick work of looking over Symphony. He was surprised at how well she was healing and when she asked about learning how to defend herself, he told her that as long as she took it easy and didn't overdo it, she was cleared to train. She did a little happy dance and after the doctor left, she went to go find Gavin to give him the news.

She didn't have to look very hard to find him as he was still in the kitchen finishing up his breakfast.

"Guess what?" she said.

"You grew a tail and wings and are turning into a dragon" Gavin said smiling.

"No, silly." Symphony rolled her eyes at him "The doc told me as long as I took it easy, I was ok to train with you"

"That's great news. How about this afternoon you meet me in the backyard, and we can get started."

"Sounds good to me. I have something to do this morning anyway." She said to him as she headed out of the kitchen.

She then went to her room and took a hot shower. She needed to get her bedroom back in order. She straightened out her bed, gathered her clothes to be washed, organized her schoolwork, and then decided on what to wear for her training. She was in her closet when there was a knock at her door. She quickly went to answer it but when she opened the door there was no one there, instead there was a bouquet of flowers with a little card attached to it.

"Oh great" she thought "here we go again."

She picked up the flowers and took the card out to read it:

"We hope these find you well. We miss you here in Pawfoot, the children the most. We hope you can come visit sometime. With care, The residents of Pawfoot."

"Well at least it wasn't threating this time" she chuckled to herself wiping her tears.

She found an empty vase and placed the flowers on her nightstand before going down and grabbing lunch. She was then supposed to meet with Gavin to begin her training.

As she was finishing her lunch, she decided to check on Alexander before meeting Gavin. She went down to his office and knocked on the door. There was no answer.

"That's odd" thought Symphony.

She shrugged her shoulders and headed outside. She saw Gavin waiting for her. She hoped that he hadn't been waiting to long for her.

"Hey sorry I'm a little late" she said.

"No problem I just got here myself" he told her.

"First, we are going to stretch out so our muscles are loosened up and then we are going to go over some basic moves. Sound good?"

"Sounds good to me" Symphony said as she started copying Gavins movements.

They trained until the sun started going down.

"You are a fast learner; I'll give you that" Gavin said handing her a towel.

"It's pretty simple once you stop thinking to hard about it" Symphony said.

"Same time tomorrow?" Gavin asked.

"Sounds good to me. I can't wait" Symphony said as she headed back to the house.