Chapter 27

The day of Symphony's birthday was finally here. She couldn't believe that she was finally eighteen. She wasn't expecting much in the way of a party because of everything that had been going on. She got up, took a shower, got dressed in leggings and a baggy shirt, and went downstairs to fix herself something to eat before she started on her daily schoolwork.

She heard a few vehicles pull up the drive but didn't think anything of it, she figured Alexander had meetings today. As she grabbed her food and headed back upstairs, she caught a glimpse of Alexander as he was heading out of his office. She didn't really know what to say to him, so she hurried back upstairs before he saw her. Little did she know that he had a huge surprise for her eighteenth birthday.

Alexander knew that she was downstairs, he could smell her. He smiled to himself. He knew that she had heard the cars pull up. He had hired a few people to decorate the ballroom for her birthday party. He had also invited a few neighboring packs and most of her friends to help celebrate. He wasn't sure what lay in store yet with the whole mate thing,

but he figured he would worry about that tomorrow. He had things to do to get ready for tonight.

As Symphony was working on her schoolwork, she kept hearing people coming and going out of the house. It wasn't unusual but it was enough to drive her nuts, as she was trying to concentrate. After about ten minutes of banging and doors slamming, she had had enough.

"Can you keep it down, down there? I am trying to work up here." She yelled down the stairs.

She heard a few apologies as she shut her door. She rolled her eyes. As she settled back into her work, her phone went off. It was Gavin letting her know that since it was her birthday training wasn't going to be happening today. She sent back an ok. Soon after she heard a knock on her door.

She was ready to beat whoever was on the other side of the door. She didn't want to be bothered. She opened the door ready to give the person an earful but when she saw it was Damion, she quickly changed her tune.

"Happy birthday, my dear. May I come in for a moment?" Damion asked.

"Sure, not like I am getting anything done with all the commotion downstairs anyway." She said moving aside to let him in.

"How have you been, all things considering?" Damion asked as he sat down on her couch.

"I'm ok. I have been burying myself in school and training, so I don't have much time to think these days."

"Have you given any thought as to what you are going to do whether it be an acceptance or a rejection?" Damion asked, watching her closely.

"Honestly, I can't reject Alexander. No matter how much I wanted to. Even after everything that has happened, I don't think I could do it, you only get one mate right? Even before that choice was taken from me, I still wasn't sure if I wanted to reject him." She told him, as her shoulders fell.

"I think he will be happy to hear your decision. He does care for you, you know. Even if things all started completely wrong, him wanting your power and everything that happened when you were a baby. He didn't want to let himself care for you, but I think when the attacks started and you went missing and then when Fiona kidnapped you and tortured you, I think he realized that he didn't want anything else to happen to you." Damion told her.

"I have seen him show he cares, it's just with everything that is going on right now I just, I don't want to sound mean, but I wish he would just let me be." She said with a hint of sorrow in her voice.

Damion wrapped his arm around her shoulders giving her a squeeze. She smiled at him. She wanted to say more but she heard another knock on her door.

"Oh good, they're hear." Damion said as he jumped to open the door.