Chapter 20

As the days went on Symphony showed improvement, it was still slow, but she was getting better day by day. She had finally been allowed to get up and move and wasn't confined to her bed anymore so that was a big plus for her. Alexander barely left her side except at night when he tried to get information out of Fiona, who still wasn't talking.

Damion tried to find out what he could using his network of informants but was finding out much on his end either. He had gone home once Symphony was on the mend and promised to keep his ears open for any new information that came his way. Alexander owed him a great deal for helping like he had, and Damion told him that in time all debts would be paid.

Gavin had taken shifts with Alexander on keeping an eye over Symphony and guarding Fiona. He was rather impressed at Fiona unwillingness to talk after the torture that Alexander had put her through. If it had been anyone else, they would have broken down and spilled everything by now.

Symphony was gradually feeling like her old self again. She was able to get a shower without any help which was a blessing in itself. If she looked as bad as she felt the first few days, she was surprised she didn't scare anyone off. She had yet to talk with Starlett, but she could feel her, which was better than the alternative. She had had no more visits from the moon goddess and right now that was ok with her. Not that she didn't like the moon goddess, she just didn't need anymore astral trips right now.

As Symphony made her way down to the kitchen she was surprised when she felt Alexanders arm around her waist. She should have known he wouldn't have been to far from her, considering since she has been back, he barely left her side.

"I am just going down to get something to eat. I am allowed to do that per doc's orders, you know" Symphony told him sarcastically as she rolled her eyes at him.

"Yes, I know but what the doc said, and I am just making sure you are steady. Nothing wrong with that is there?" he asked her smirking.

She hadn't forgiven him for killing her parents and kidnapping her by any means but him saving her from the hell she endured at the hands of Fiona gave him some brownie points.

"You know your birthday is coming up in a few weeks." Alexander said.

"And if history has told us anything having a party is the last thing we should be worrying about, or did you forget this whole fiasco started on my birthday last year." She shook her head at him.

"I was thinking just a small get together. You, me, Gavin, and Damion"

Her head perked up at the mention of Damion, she heard he was the one who cloaked her scent but had yet to meet him to thank him.

"And if I refuse?" She asked smirking.

"It would break Damion's heart. He has been literally dying to meet you."

"Well then I guess we could do something small just cake and ice cream nothing fancy."

They both chuckled as the reached the bottom of the stairs.

Alexander let go of Symphony and suddenly she felt lost, she couldn't describe it other than that. She brushed it off and headed to the kitchen to find something to eat, she was starving. She settled on a few eggs, toast, and a few strawberries along with her cup of coffee. As she sat at the table to eat, she almost jumped out of her skin. Gavin was sitting there just watching her.

"Gavin, you scared me" she screamed.

"I'm sorry I thought you heard me come in."

"Obviously not if I jumped."

"Woah, no need for the attitude little one."

Symphony rolled her eyes at him as Alexander walked in and sat down, stealing one of her strawberries. She gave him an evil look and rolled her eyes.