Chapter 18

It had been about a week since Alexander received Symphony's message and he had not heard anything since. The frustration was growing between Damion, Gavin and himself. He wanted to find her more than anything else at this point. He was tired of the dead ends that they were coming upon. He wasn't sure how much more she could take of whatever it was she was being put through. He knew she was strong but even she had her breaking point.

They had gotten a few hits on possible locations that she was being held at but they ended up being duds. Alexander even let Dax out for hours on end thinking he might be able to find something that the others had missed. Dax was getting angrier at every false hope that he had come across. Dax was ready to tear apart the entire kingdom if it meant an easier time finding Symphony.

Later that evening, they were all sitting in Alexander's office when Alexander's phone started ringing. When he answered it there was silence on the other end, he was about ready to hang up when he heard the screams, it was Symphony. He quickly put the phone on speaker.

"Who is this and where are you keeping her?" Alexander yelled into the phone letting Dax through as well.

"Oh, relax will you, you big bad king you." The voice on the other end said "If you want your little plaything back, I suggest you listen very carefully."

Alexander recognized the voice on the phone, but he couldn't place it, it was a female voice.

"I swear I will kill you for hurting her."

The voice on the other end laughed.

"You will never be able to find her."

Alexander let out a warning growl.

"Don't you go all vicious Lycan on me, if you want to ever see Symphony alive again all you must do is give me what is rightfully mine. It's really that simple" the voice said.

"What do you mean give you what is yours? I don't even know what it is you want and besides that I don't even know who you are." Alexander said getting frustrated with this person.

"Oh, you know exactly who I am. In fact, Symphony does to. And as far as what I want, I want my kingdom back that was stolen from me." The voice said.

Alexander was truly confused.

"What do you mean your kingdom?" Alexander asked.

He got no reply except for Symphony's screams before the line went dead.

He threw the phone across his office, and it shattered when it hit the wall. He was not happy. Dax was ready to go on a killing spree. Who did this person think they were to threaten the Lycan king, they must have a death wish.

As Alexander tried to calm himself down Gavin spoke up.

"I know who has her." He said as both men looked at him waiting for him to continue.

"That voice, it sounded like Symphony's best friend, Fiona. I don't understand why she is doing this though. It makes no sense."

"I say we investigate this girl's background maybe we can find out what she is talking about saying that the kingdom is rightfully hers. Maybe we can also find out where she is hiding Symphony." Damion said, "I know a few people that may be able to help."

As he started making phone calls, Alexander looked at Gavin.

"Are you sure that that voice was Fiona, Symphony's best friend" he asked.

"As sure as I can be. I have been around them enough to know her voice." Gavin replied.

As Symphony was subjected to more torture, Fiona thought it was a good time to make a phone call. She dialed the number and while she waited for an answer, she had Symphony gagged so she wouldn't be heard. When the phone was answered she had the gag removed from Symphony's mouth as she started screaming again. Fiona knew that the person on the phone would get angry. She also knew that the angrier the person got the more willing he would be to give her what she wanted. She smiled as she heard Alexanders' voice. This was her time to negotiate with him, even if he was unwilling, she had something that he wanted, and she knew that he would want his precious Symphony back at any cost.

Symphony heard Alexanders voice and wanted more than anything to tell him who had taken her and what was happening. Before she could say anything, though, she was gagged again. She fought against it but that only led to being hit across the face hard enough to knock her out.

While the phone call that Fiona had made was short, she figured she got her point across to Alexander. She knew he didn't know who she really was and if he tried digging, he wouldn't find much. He wasn't around that much to really recognize her voice either, she silently hoped that Gavin wasn't there because he would be able to tell Alexander who she was. Fiona told her hench men to throw Symphony back in her cell, she was doing playing with her for the day.

Symphony was still a bit out of it when she was thrown back into her cell. She had hoped that Alexander wouldn't give into Fiona's demands. The last thing she wanted was for him to give anything up for her, even though he had taken everything from her. She slowly slipped back out of consciousness and entered a dreamless sleep.

Back in Alexanders office there was a moment of relief as Damion was able to get some idea of where Symphony may be being held. There were a few places that had recently popped up on his witch friends' radar that hadn't been there before. Alexander sent guards to go check the places out before hand to make sure they weren't heading into a trap.

While the guards were checking these places out Alexander and Gavin were trying to find any information they could on Fiona, they were hitting walls. There was nothing overly special about her, she had been abandoned as a baby and grew up going from foster home to foster home. They had called all the homes that she had been placed in and found that they all had one thing in common, no matter where she was placed there was always one person who would come to check on her. This person used a few different names, but they showed up to often to be a coincidence. The pair did a few searches on the person but never came up with anything. They had Damion look over everything as well to see if they missed something and what he found was a shock to all of them. Fiona was born about six months before the king had died, which in itself wasn't that unusual, but she was born here at the mansion, that raised a few questions because in their research none of the servants or anyone living here at the time was pregnant, at least that anyone was aware of.

Alexander wondered if the Queen had been pregnant and because it was a girl it was kept silent and then when she was born, she was given away. A girl at that time in any kingdom was considered a disgrace to the king, as only males were accepted as heirs. That was the only thing that made sense as to why Fiona was so adamant about him giving her the kingdom.