Chapter 38

As the days turned into weeks no one had been able to figure out how to get Symphony's wolf back. Day by day she was getting worse. She had stayed in her bedroom, she spent most of her time crying. She had stopped receiving visitors, and the only one allowed to see her was Alexander. She was spiraling into a deep depression that she couldn't get out of.

She had tried to get the moon goddess to show herself to see how she could make amends with her and get Starlett back, but it wasn't working. She wished that she could go back and unsay what she said. She knew that the guys were worried about her, and she felt bad about that but what was she supposed to do? She was worthless without her wolf.

Alexander had even tried to get her to go walk through the garden with him a few times, but she refused. She stayed in her room and sat in complete darkness. He wanted to help her, but he didn't know how. He sent Gavin and Damion up a few times to talk to her, but she wouldn't even open the door for them. None of them knew what to do.

The doctor had come by a few times just to make sure she wasn't starving herself. She reluctantly let him in. The doctor even told her that even though she didn't have her wolf at the time she could still be herself and do things. That led to him getting a vase thrown at his head.

Finally, Damion had gotten a call from one of his fiends and thought he may have a way for Symphony to get Starlett back, if she agreed to it that is. He told Alexander about it, and he didn't really like the idea but if it worked Symphony should be back to her fun-loving self. He had to ask her if she was willing to try it. He told Damion to go up to tell her about it.

Damion knocked on her door and was met with silence at first. He knocked again thinking that she was sleeping. He knocked once more and then he heard her slowly walking to the door. When she opened the door Damion was a bit shocked to see her appearance, her eyes had dulled, she looked like a skeleton, and she had gotten paler. He asked her if she could come in. she just glared at him, he told her he had some news on how to possibly get Starlett back, she moved aside and let him in. She went to go sit on the couch to hear what he had to say. Damion sat down next to her to explain what he had found out and she waited for him to start talking.

"Well, I do have some good and bad news." He started.

"The good news is that we may be able to get Starlett back for you. The bad news is that I am not sure you are going to like what you have to do." He said looking for any sign of emotion from her, her face was blank.

"How? Haven't we tried everything to possibly get her back to me? What if this doesn't work and I have my hopes up for nothing? I can't go through that again." She said, staring at him blankly.

"I am almost 100% certain that this will work. Like I said though I am not sure you will like it."

"What do I have to do?" She asked.

"You have to die and be brought back to life while a witch does a summing spell while you are dead. When you get brought back you have to mark Alexander and he has to mark you, with the strength of you bonded with Dax, he should be able to pull Starlett back to you because she will want to be with her mate." He told her.

Her eyes went wide.

"What if the moon goddess doesn't let me be brought back to life or she does but doesn't allow me to get Starlett back?" She asked.

"Then we cross that bridge when we get there. This is your best shot to get Starlett back." He told her.

"If there were another way we would have found it."

"Ok." She said.

"When do we do this?"

"We have to wait until a full moon which by my knowledge will be the end of the month."

"Great so I have exactly five days to prepare to die, get brought back to life and mark my mate, all while hoping that Starlett will come back to me. Ne pressure." She said sarcastically.

Damion nodded. In a way he felt bad about springing this on her, but this was the only way he thought she would listen to him. She asked him to leave. When he left she took a hot bath to help her gather her thoughts on the whole situation that she was being placed in. She let out a long sigh and closed her eyes.

After Damion left her room, he went to go talk to Alexander. Damion entered his office and told him that Symphony had agreed to do it. Alexander was more than a little shocked that she had agreed to it. Damion told him they had five days to prepare everything. Alexander sighed. He wasn't sure if he could take watching her die, even though he knew she would be coming back to him.