Chapter 16

When Symphony came to, she heard voices coming from some where in the distance. She heard what sounded like two voices, she thought one sounded familiar, but she couldn't be sure, they seemed to be arguing about something, but even with her wolf hearing she couldn't make out what they were saying.

She unfortunately couldn't make out where she was either, she only knew that it was dark, damp, and cold. She waited until her eyes adjusted to the dark surroundings to see if she could make out anything that may be familiar to her.

She sat up slowly as her head was still spinning. She tried to reach Starlett but wasn't able to, whatever was in the shot they gave her must have blocked Starlett.

"So much for being a powerful wolf" Symphony thought to herself "If one shot is enough to take Starlett down what good am I."

She looked around again and noticed that she was in what looked like a cell of some sort. There were no windows or normal doors, just a long row of bars and a gate that held her in. She reached for the bars to test their strength and pulled back hissing, they were covered in something that burned her to the touch.

She tried to stand up, but her legs were numb from being in the same position for so long. She heard voices coming closer to where she was and tried to shrink back against the wall to make herself as small as possible thinking that whoever was there wouldn't see her.

"I see our sleeping beauty has woken from her nap" a male voice said, "about time she joined the land of the living she has been out for hours."

"I think you may have given her to strong a dose of the knockout serum" another male said.

"The boss told us to make sure she wouldn't put up a fight" the first male said chuckling.

Symphony looked at them with disgust. They talked about her like she wasn't even there. She tried to get a good look at them to see if she recognized them, but it was to dark for her to see.

"Come on princess the boss would like to see you" the one said as he started to find the key to open her cell.

"I am not going anywhere with you" Symphony said trying to keep her voice from cracking.

"Look you can either come willingly or we have to do this the hard way and I really don't want to destroy that pretty little face of yours" the second man said.

Symphony tried to get away from his reaching hands but stumbled before she could get anywhere. She fought against her captors with as much strength as she could muster in the condition, she was in. She then felt something hard meet the side of her face and she slumped to the floor.

"I told you I didn't want to have to hurt you, but you decided to take the hard way" the one man said as he lead her out of her cell.

Although her head was now pounding and it hurt to open her eyes, she saw that she was being lead down a dimly lit hallway and through what looked like some sort of foyer. They came to a stop at a large door. The one man that wasn't holding her knocked on the door and soon the door opened.

When the door opened, Symphony was blinded temporarily by the light that came through the opening. She heard a female voice that she instantly recognized, Fiona.

"About time she woke up" Fiona told the two men "Bring her in and tie her to the chair."

The two men at Symphony's side walked her in and placed her in the chair, they grabbed her arms roughly and tied them roughly behind her back with some sort of rope that burned her skin. She cried out in pain but that only seemed to make the ropes go tighter around her wrists. She looked up at Fiona with questioning eyes, she thought that Fiona was supposed to be her best friend.

"Why?" Symphony managed to ask as she tried to ignore the pain in her arms. "You were supposed to be my best friend."

Fiona laughed at her.

"Best friend? I was supposed to be your best friend. You really aren't that stupid if you thought I was your friend." Fiona said to her still laughing.

Symphony didn't understand any of this. She had no reason to think that Fiona wasn't her friend. They had done everything together. She was genuinely confused.

"Being friends with you only made my job easier. You see, what I had planned I needed insider information for, you were the easiest way to get it. You were the closest to my target. I needed to get a layout of things in the Lycan kingdom, and you were my meal ticket. You took me everywhere in the house that I needed to get into, hell, you showed me Alexander weakness without even realizing it, you." Fiona explained "I wanted to take back what was rightfully mine that was stolen from me because I was brushed aside like dirt because I wasn't a boy."

"I really don't understand what you are going on about, Fi" Symphony told her honestly.

"I was supposed to be the heir to the Lycan Kingdom. The Queen and Alexander's father had a child that no one knew existed because I was a girl. I was sent away after I was born. The queen was the only one that told me who I was and why I was sent away. When the king died, I thought that was my chance to come out of the shadows and let the world know who I was. That all changed when Alexander was named heir and took the crown. My mother tried to poison him during the coronation ceremony but failed, he had her locked up and that's when I decided to take my revenge, I just had to wait to find his weakness. When I found out his weakness was, you, I set out to befriend you and it worked out better than I thought, you never suspected a thing."

Symphony was on the verge of tears. She didn't know any of this and it cut her deeply to know that the person she considered like a sister was just using her.

"The note at the party, the attack on the school, that was you, wasn't it? You were the inside help on the attack that could've gotten a lot of people killed."

"Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner. Took you long enough to figure it all out" Fiona snarled at her.

"You do know when Alexander finds you, he will kill you for what you have done. He won't you live" Symphony tried to plead with Fiona.

"He won't have a choice in the matter, either he hands over the kingdom or you die, its simple really. And that is a big if that he finds us. I have this place cloaked under so many spells it will be years before he finds us, which gives me more time to pull more information out of you, little miss not a special wolf. I know what you are and how powerful you are. We are going to have so much fun together" Fiona turned and laughed.

"Take her back to her cell for now, we will begin the fun part tomorrow."

Symphony was untied. The taller of the two men flung her over his shoulder and carried her back down to her cell. She wanted to fight but all the fight she had in her had left after her encounter with Fiona.

They made it back to her cell and she was thrown in. The men laughed at her helplessness and walked away. She crawled into the corner farthest from the door and started to cry. She could only hope that Alexander found her sooner rather than later.

She drifted off into an uneasy sleep. Hoping somehow this was all a nightmare and she would wake up back in her bed, safe and sound. Why did she have to be a special wolf, if she had been normal, she wouldn't have been taken from her parents, her parents would still be alive and she wouldn't be in the situation she was in now.