Chapter 25

When Damion finally got ahold of Alexander three days later, he had some peculiar news for him. From what he had found out there has only been one other case of a Lycan having a mate and that was Centuries ago. From what he gathered this Lycan had wanted ultimate power and the only way her could get that power was by killing a very special wolf, like Symphony, but the moon goddess couldn't let that wolf line die out so she made them mates so she would be protected. They weren't very in tune with the idea at the beginning but eventually made it work for the sake of their people because if they had rejected each other the moon goddess swore it would be the end of both of their species. It seemed that history was repeating itself. Alexander took little comfort in this fact. Symphony had told him once that the moon goddess visited her while she was held captive, but she didn't say anything about their species ending if they rejected each other.

Damion had also said that the Lycan had decided to change his plan after he had fallen in love with the wolf. The only difference between Alexander and the Lycan was that the age difference was only a few months not 10 years. Alexander wasn't sure how Symphony was going to take this news but with her teasing her about it she may be ok with everything. He knew he had to tell her was Damion had found out. If he didn't Symphony would never trust him again.

As Alexander waited for Symphony to come in from her training, he was having an internal argument with himself. He wasn't sure how to begin or even how to tell her about everything. Could rejecting each other really cause the end of their kinds, could it really cause that much destruction. He had to ask her exactly the moon goddess had said about the mate situation, even if he didn't like the answer.

He had considered the rejection idea if she really wanted it but knowing what he knew know he was definitely against the idea. He was sure Symphony would be to under the circumstances, but he still needed to tell her everything, he owed her that and so much more.

He was still in thought when Symphony came in. She stopped in her tracks when he looked up at her. There was confusion and some hurt behind his eyes. She wondered what had happened as he motioned her to sit down. She wasn't sure if this was going to be good news or bad. She braced herself for either one. What ever it was she wasn't going to let her emotions get the best of her.

"Why do you look like something bad happened?" she asked quietly.

"Well, it is good and bad, I guess" Alexander said running his hand through his hair. Having Symphony close started to calm him down.

"I heard from Damion, about the mate thing. He said that the only known case of a Lycan receiving a mate was centuries ago."

Symphony processed what she just heard before she spoke.

"Ok, and what happened, why did this Lycan get a mate?"

"Well, from the way I understood it, this Lycan wanted power and was willing to kill a very special wolf for her power. I don't think this wolf was like you, as Damion didn't say, but it is almost as if history is repeating itself. I am not saying I wanted to kill you for your power, but I did want to make you mine no matter the cost." Alexander said. Looking at Symphony as she slowly took in everything that he said.

"Damion also found out that if the Lycan and the wolf had rejected each other it would have brought the destruction of their species."

Symphony was taken back by this. How could she not have a choice in this. When the moon goddess told her that she would receive a mate on her eighteenth birthday she never mentioned that if she decided to reject him that she would perish along with her mate.

She cleared her throat before she began, trying to maintain her calm composure as she spoke.

"So, you are telling me that regardless of if I want to accept you as my mate or not, I don't have a choice without it killing both of us. If I accept this bond that we supposedly have then what? We don't die, yeah that's a plus but my choice was taken from me because of a stupid power hungry Lycan. Are you kidding me?" She was livid, granted the more she thought about rejecting Alexander the more she didn't want to but still her choice was taken from her.

She wanted to scream.

"I know you are angry; trust me I get it. I don't like this situation anymore than you do. Did the moon goddess tell you anything about the whole mate thing when she showed herself to you?" Alexander said trying to calm her down.

She looked at him with fury in her eyes.

"If she told me anything about all of this, don't you think that I would have told you." She spat letting Starlett come through in her fury.

With that she stormed away. She was done. She hated the fact that her choice was taken from her. She was going to drag the moon goddess out and give her an earful.

Alexander wasn't expecting the news to hit Symphony that hard, but she did have a point, the choice to chose whether or not she wanted him as a mate was taken from her. She didn't deserve this, no one did. He sighed and headed into his office. Maybe there was a way around all of this. If there was, he was going to find it, he owed that to Symphony.

Symphony took a hot shower trying o clear her mind. Starlett was no help in the matter because she didn't care who he was she wanted her mate. Starlet was making it hard for Symphony to think with all of it. She finally was able to block Starlett and her head went silent. As much as she loved having her wolf sometimes it made her head hurt, literally.

She sat on her bed with her head resting on her knees as she thought about all that Alexander had told her. There had to be a way around this. She didn't deserve to have this choice taken from her like an old pair of shoes. She wasn't sure how long she sat like that before a familiar form started to appear in front of her, it was the moon goddess.

"You have a lot of nerve showing up here after everything I just found out" Symphony spat at her.

"You watch your tone little one. I didn't do anything wrong. I was protecting my creations." She replied.

"Watch my tone, you are lucky you can't be hurt, or I would rip you to shreds. You took away my choice of accepting my mate or rejecting him as I saw fit. Protecting your creations, ha, that is the most selfish thing you have ever said to me. You let every other one of your creations get a choice if they wanted to reject their mates or not why did you have to take away mine. Oh, that's right I forgot I am some special wolf the only hybrid of the two great wolves that once roamed the land. Well screw your creations and screw you." Symphony turned her back on the goddess, walked into her bathroom and slammed the door in her face. She was pissed.