Chapter 29

While the threat of the rogue alpha still loomed over Alexander and Symphony, they decided that it was best to hold off on the mating ceremony. As much as they both wanted to get it over with, they were worried that it would lead to disaster.

The rogue alpha was still adamant that he wanted Symphony and would stop at nothing to have her. Gavin reported that he was slowly gathering numbers at his post and was worried that he would send them to get Symphony.

Alexander had been waiting for the Alpha to make a move. He was ready for a fight. Symphony had tried her best to keep a calm head about everything, but being able to feel all of Alexander's emotions, it made it hard. He was all over the place emotionally. She tried to focus on her schoolwork. Gavin had canceled training until the issues were resolved. While everyone was focused on what to do about the rogue alpha, he was coming up with his own plan.

Jaxon knew that everyone would be on high alert once he started calling in reinforcements. He wanted them to be frightened, they would make mistakes that way. He had the house surrounded with men that were able to hide in trees and mask their scents, a trick he had picked up from Fiona when she had taken Symphony before. He knew every move that they were planning, and he used this to his advantage. He also knew that without Damion's help they were sitting ducks. All he need was the right opportunity to strike and that little hybrid would be his, he would then be able to take over the kingdom using her power.

A few days later he had the perfect opportunity to strike. Alexander, he found out had to go on an important business call that could not be cancelled. He watched as he saw Alexander leave the house, get into his car and drive away. He waited for a half an hour to make sure he wasn't coming back, then he struck.

He called the men together and went on an all-out attack on the house. He had outnumbered Alexander's guards 3 to 1. He heard someone shout to Symphony to hide but they were too late. He managed to grab her as she was running up the stairs. She tried to fight back but was no match for his strength, even with her hybrid strength and training she still fell into his clutches.

After the fight was over there were bodies everywhere. He had left one guard alive to tell Alexander what had happened and that he would never see his little hybrid again. He dragged the guard out of the house and told his men to light it up. As he walked away with a fighting Symphony the house went up in flames.

Symphony screamed as she watched the house that she had grown up in and made memories in being engulfed in flames. She had tears running down her face as she tried to fight off her attackers. She did not know that they had left Gavin alive, she thought he was killed. She tried to reach Alexander through the mind link but because they hadn't marked each other yet she wasn't able to. She felt like her heart was going to explode as she tried escaping. It was no use, she slumped as they dragged her away.

A short time later, Alexander's phone began ringing, it was Gavin. Gavin told him everything that had happened and the Symphony was gone. He was livid. He had to have his driver pull the car over, and as he exited, he shifted into Dax and ran back to the house only to find it in flames. He looked around and saw Gavin lying on the ground covered in blood, his wounds slowly healing. He sniffed the air to try and find Symphony's scent but was met with the smell of smoke instead. He let out a howl that shook anyone who heard it to the core. As he shifted back into human form, he immediately called the rest of his guards to start searching the area for the ones responsible and try to find Symphony, he didn't think they had gotten far.

He then called Damion and told him to get his ass there now, Symphony was gone. He turned back to Gavin, assessing the damage that he had taken.

"She fought like hell to get away from them, they were just to fast." Gavin said with a ragged breath.

"I tried to stop them, they came out of nowhere, we had no time to react, to make a plan. I am sorry I failed you by not keeping Symphony safe."

Gavin hung his head in shame.

"I should have never left for that damn meeting. They waited until I was gone because they knew they were no match for the Lycan King." Alexander said with venom in his voice.

"It wasn't your fault; you couldn't have known that they were going to attack." He told Gavin.

By the time that Damion had gotten there, the house was just a smoldering pile of ashes. He shook his head at the sight. He made his way over to where Alexander and Gavin were. Alexander filled him in on what had happened. Alexander had scoured the woods nearby for Symphony's scent, but he still could only smell the smoke from the fire. He had no idea how far they had gotten now.

Meanwhile, in a little cabin about four hours away, Jaxon was making a plan to take over the kingdom now that he had the hybrid, he felt confident that he would be able to. Symphony had passed out about two hours ago and still hadn't woken. He had to give it to her, she fought every step of the way until she passed out from exhaustion. He was glad she was a fighter and not some timid little girl, he needed a strong luna for his pack.

Jaxson had a surprise waiting though, he did not know that Symphony was Alexander's mate and that he would stop at nothing to find her and destroy everyone and everything in his way to do so.