Chapter 17

~Fast forward 10 months~

Alexander was starting to lose his patience. It had been ten long months since Symphony had disappeared. Damion told him that the spell that was cloaking her scent should have worn off by now but they were still not able to locate her. Whoever had her must have their own cloaks in place and having someone very powerful on their side that placed it. Damion's friend wasn't even able to locate her.

Alexander had been driving himself crazy trying to find her. He had guards scouring every inch of the kingdom and they all came back with nothing. No scents, no leftover camp site, nothing. He knew they didn't just vanish off the face of the earth they had to be somewhere but the big question was where.

Damion tried calling in all the favors that he had with everyone and even he was coming up empty. Either no one knew anything or they knew something and we're to scared to say anything. Damion felt worse with each call he made. He had become very fond of the girl although he had never met her, the effect she had been having on Alexander meant she was something special.

Alexander on the other hand was having an internal battle with himself. Not only did he start feeling bad about getting Symphony taken but also about everything that had happened that led up to this. If he hadn't been so power hungry he never would have taken her when she was a baby, killing her parents in the process. Even Dax started questioning Alexander's previous behaviors.

"You have to quit blaming yourself for past event" Dax said "We cannot change the past, we can just learn from it. Right now we have bigger problems to worry about then you feeling sorry for yourself"

Alexander knew Dax was right. He had to clear his head from everything and focus on finding Symphony. He would be worried about what the consequences were after she was home safe. He didn't know what kind of punishment or torture she was being subjected to.

Symphony had lost track of how many days she had been in this tiny cell she was forced to call home. Everyday it was the same thing, Fiona tried to get her tell her Alexander's secrets as well as her own. She somehow managed to keep her lips sealed, no matter how much they tortured her. They poured varanine filled water bottles down her throat, they tied her with silver laced rope, they poked and prodded her with different things. She was unsure how she was still standing but she was, she wouldn't let them break her. As long as they didn't find out what she was she was safe for the time being and was buying time for Alexander to come find her.

When they threw her back into her cell after that days fun filled activities she managed to gather enough strength to try and communicate with Starlett. Each day she tried and was met with silence, she didn't know what this meant but she kept trying, hoping she was still there.

"Starlett, are you still with me?" Symphony said on the verge of tears

There was no answer back and Symphony sobbed. She then leaned back against the wall and slid down to the mat they gave her as a bed.

"Alexander where are you? You're supposed to save me" Symphony thought as she passed out from exhaustion.

The voice came though like she was sitting next to him. Alexander was starting to drift off at his desk when he heard her voice. He sat up right startling Damion and Gavin. They looked at him like he was nuts.

"I heard her. I heard her voice calling for help" Alexander told them.

He wasn't sure what that meant but if she was able to get though to him maybe the cloaks were getting weaker. She sounded so tired and so broken, his heart wretched. He voiced his opinion to Damion and Gavin

"Could the cloaks be getting weaker? Damion is that possible? How was she able to get through to me?" Alexander asked.

Damion didn't know how to answer him.

"Let me get in touch with a few people and find out. If the cloaks are weakening then we might be able to find out where she is" Damion told Alexander as he stepped out of the room.

Gavin sat there looking confused.

"What do you mean you heard her? I thought only wolves had the ability to speak to others like that we're in their packs or their mates?"

"I don't know Gavin, it was like she was standing right next to me speaking. I don't know how to explain it" Alexander told him honestly.

Symphony woke standing in the middle of a field. Standing in front of her was someone she didn't recognize. She was to afraid to speak as the figure turned around. The figure was a woman, she was glowing white wearing a light blue dress.

"I will not hurt you child. I'm here to help you."

"Who are you? Where am I?" Symphony asked

"I have many names but the most common is Moon Goddess. You are in my world for the time being"

"Why am I here? Am I dead?"

"You are not dead my child that I can promise you. You are here to have your questions answered. Starting with your wolf, she is still with you but she has suffered along with you. She has taken her strength to heal you every night after everything you have been put through"

"I am sorry she had to do that for me. I wish she didn't because I could use her right about now to talk to. If I may ask why does everyone think that I am so special, I mean Alexander killed my parents because of some power I possess but I have yet to see any power besides some basic things that my teachers have showed me, I don't get it." Symphony asked the moon goddess

" You are very special child and soon you will find out just how much you an do. You are the only wolf of your kind. You are the perfect combination of a Kolana wolf and a Mattra wolf. I created those wolves myself to bring peace through the world. Even if you don't see it now you are very special. Once Starlett gets her strength back you will be able to move mountains to your will."

Symphony was more confused than not at this point.

"What about getting out of this hellhole that I am in currently? How do I get out?"

"You have already started that process my child. You sent a message to Alexander and with that they will be able to find you. You were able to weaken the cloaking devices that surround you." The moon goddess told her

"It is time for you to go back now child but we will speak again"

With that Symphony woke up back in cell filled with more questions than answers. She wrapped her arms around her knee and cried. She was surprised that she had any tears left at this point.