Chapter 24

While waiting for Damion to find out what he knew about Lycans, and mates Alexander was still trying to avoid Symphony. She knew something was up though when she walked into the kitchen and he was sitting at the table and he abruptly got up and walked away. She tried talking to Gavin about it but he didn't seem to notice anything different about Alexander's behavior. She thought she was losing her mind.

She kept up with her studies and her training trying to focus on anything to keep her mind busy. After training that afternoon, she had a thought to catch Alexander in his office and ask him what his problem was. She went inside and looked for him in the usual spots that he would be and when he wasn't there she knew he was in his office.

She would have normally knocked and waited to be let in but this couldn't wait and she didn't want to give him the chance to ignore her. She barged right into his office, determination written across her face.

"Why are you avoiding me" Symphony asked him, annoyance in her voice.

"I am not avoiding you" Alexander said.

"Yes, you are, and you know it. Anytime I walk into a room and you are there you turn and walk out or leave abruptly. If that's not avoiding someone I don't know what is."

Alexander knew he had to come clean or risk a wrath of Symphony that had never been seen before. She never got this angry and he didn't know how it would effect her abilities.

"Ok, fine, I have been avoiding you but not for whatever reason you may think. I have Damion looking into it because it is something that we have never heard of before. Before I say anything you need to promise me you won't freak out or storm out or anything like that, ok"

Symphony was leery about what Alexander was telling her, but she agreed to hear him out. She nodded and sat down.

Alexander made sure that she was actually going to listen. The scent of honey engulfing him with every breath he took. It was making it hard for him to concentrate. He took another breath before he began.

"I think we are mates. Yes I know it sounds crazy and I know you don't feel anything yet because you are not eighteen yet. I noticed it the other day when you walked in to my office asking about lunch, I smelt the most amazing scent of honey and Dax was screaming in my head 'mate'. It is unknown if there has ever been a case of a Lycan having a mate which is why I have Damion looking into it. Damion and I both think that this is the moon goddesses way of punishing me for wanting your power and doing what I did to get it, I think she thought that with wanting your power I would do anything to protect you and this is her way of making sure that the only Kolana/Mattra wolf was safe"

Symphony didn't know what to say to Alexander. It didn't make sense that she was his mate. Why would the moon goddess give a Lycan a mate when she never had before. She was just as confused as he was with the whole situation. She wasn't sure if she even wanted a mate let alone Alexander, he was old in her opinion.

Alexander waited for Symphony to say something whether it be screaming at him or understanding. It seemed like hours before she had finally started to speak.

"What happens if I reject you before I feel the mate bond? Will it hurt?" She asked innocently.

That was the last thing that he expected out of her. To say he was shocked was an understatement, although he knew she may feel this way due to past events. He honestly wouldn't have blamed her if that was what she wanted, its not like he could stop her.

"I honestly don't know what would happen. This is a new one for me. Why would you want to reject me?" Alexander said, sounding a little hurt.

Symphony didn't know why she decided to have come out of her mouth. Not that she wanted to reject him, she wasn't sure what she wanted.