Chapter 32

While Symphony and Alexander lay in bed snuggled together, back at the cabin Jaxon was seething with fury. He had lost his wild card, his secret weapon, his queen. He thought his men would catch up to Symphony before she got to the river. She was faster than he thought. She was also smarter than he gave her credit for, using the river to hide her scent.

He needed a new plan to get her back, he needed her for his plan to work. She was the key to take over the kingdom from that Lycan. As he sat in the cabin trying to make up a new plan to get her back, his men were outside grumbling about how they lost their queen.

Jaxson wasn't sure if she went back to Alexander or if she was still hiding somewhere. He knew if she had gone back to Alexander, she would have told him everything, but in the same sense if she had done that she wasn't that smart after all. She would bring war to Alexander's doorstep within the day if she went back. He was going to have his men search the forest on the other side of the river today to see if they found any trace of her. The water may have covered her scent for a little while, but when she dried her scent would be all over the place. When they returned back with any news then he would attack.

A couple hours later his men returned with news, they found Symphony's scent, and it headed straight back to the Lycan kingdom. Jaxson smiled. One thing he did have in his favor, it had only been two days since he set fire to her house. The smell of smoke, barring no rain, would still be in the air and it would help hide their scents when they went to attack. He gathered his men.

"Get ready for war, we attack today." He told them.

They all cheered and started preparing for battle. Jaxson smiled as the heard the men cheer.

"By nightfall, little hybrid you will be mine and there will be no escape for you this time." He thought to himself.

Back at the safehouse Symphony had finally dragged herself out of bed. She saw that Alexander was already gone. She decided to take a hot shower to relax. She knew that war was on the horizon and wanted to be prepared. She wasn't sure if Alexander would let her fight along side him or not. She could be useful, granted she didn't know the extent of her full abilities yet, but she felt they could be helpful.

After her shower she went down to grab something to eat and see if she could find Alexander. The house they were in wasn't that big so she figured it wouldn't be too hard to find him. In the kitchen she was met with the smiling face of Damion.

"Good morning, little wolf. I am glad to see you back unharmed. We were all worried about you, you must stop being taken from us." He told her with laughter in his voice.

"Good to see you too, Damion. I wasn't gone long. They thought they could hold a hybrid with plain rope, haha." She said laughing.

"Have you seen Alexander this morning?" She asked him.

"I think he is still in the library." He told her

She thanked him as she grabbed her breakfast. She followed his scent to a quaint little room. It wasn't huge but you could definitely tell that it was turned into a makeshift office. She smiled when she saw Alexander at the desk. He looked up at her when she approached him.

"Good morning." She said

"I brought you some coffee." She set down the extra cup she was holding.

"Good morning and thank you. I hope you slept well." He said.

"I had the security around the border upped so if Jaxson tries anything we will get fair warning."

"If he does decide to still attack, I want you to stay put and hidden. I don't want you fighting and risk you getting hurt or taken again." He told her.

Symphony rolled her eyes.

"I am capable of fighting, Alexander and I will not stay couped up while you and your men put your lives on the line. I am not some helpless child anymore. I will fight alongside you and your men, like a true queen." She told him leaving little room for discussion.

He shook his head. He knew there was no point in arguing with her. Once she had her mind set on something she didn't let it go easily. Part of him smiled at her statement though, she was right a true queen would fight alongside of her king, even if the outcome meant death.

Alexander wanted to take her to see Gavin though before the fighting started. He told her as much when she finished her breakfast. She was wondering how Gavin had faired in the attack that led to her being taken and the house burning down.

They made their way to the hospital, much to Symphony's dismay. She knew he was hurt but to still be in the hospital with having the healing ability of a Lycan meant it couldn't be good. They made it to Gavin's room, and he was sitting there with a smile on his face when he saw Symphony. He didn't look to be in to bad of shape. When the doctor came in, he told Alexander that Gavin should be ready to leave in a few hours as long as the broken bones had healed like they should. They were all relieved to hear that.

Alexander filled Gavin in on everything and even tried to convince him to stay out of the fighting, which earned a laugh from both Gavin and Symphony.

"If Symphony is fighting, then so am I. You entrusted her to me to be her body guard so let me do my job." Gavin told Alexander.

"I know you want to protect me, Gavin, but you are in no shape to be fighting so soon." Symphony told him, trying to plead with him.

"No. I will be right there alongside both of you and there is nothing you can do about it." Gavin told her.

They all knew there was no getting through to Gavin, so they agreed to him fighting. Alexander and Symphony told Gavin that they were preparing for the worst, but they would see him in a few hours at the safe house to go over their plan. They knew that Jaxson wouldn't waste any time starting this war. Especially if he figured out that Symphony had returned and wasn't hiding in the woods somewhere. They had to prepare for everything that he may throw at them.