Chapter Twenty-Six: Encounters

The journey to Remi was not as easy as they thought it would be. After all, she was in hiding. Namjoon had to go searching for the old letter from her that gave them the coordinates where she lived. In it, she thanked him for helping her, telling him she's safe where she is and to never come looking for her unless in dire need of help, giving her location. He thought it would be best to lock the note away for that reason and hasn't dug it up since.

Now they stand in the place where she supposedly resides, but see nothing. It's just a big empty flower field.

"Where is it?" Namjoon mumbles. "Are you sure this is the right place Joonie?" Jin chimes in, looking just as confused as everyone else.

"These are the right coordinates, we are where we should be... It should be right here." Namjoon stated, turning around to look at everyone.

They all looked around confused, there was nothing here but grass that spanned for miles and a few trees here and there.

Hoseok slowly started walking forward only to fall down a second later. "What the fuck?" He blinked, standing up rubbing his butt that had hit a rock on the ground. He just bumped into something...there's nothing to bump into so what the fuck was that.

"Umm...what just happened." Jungkook said, looking at Hoseok. Hoseok looked back at him, "Oh so I wasn't just imagining that. I just bumped into something but there's nothing here."

"Are you sure?" Jin said, looking at him with his head tilted.

"Am I sure? Did you not see me fall on my ass?"

"Guys just-", Yoongi began, cutting them off. He walked next to Hoseok, and looked at the empty space in front of him. Slowly reaching out, Yoongi felt his hand meet resistance, like there was a brick wall in front of him. "Okay what the fuck?" He stared in shock.

Suddenly, Jimin doubled over in pain.

Everybody immediately rushed to his side, grabbing him and holding him up. Frantic yells of "what's wrong!?" "what happened?!" rang through the air. All Jimin could focus on was the searing pain ripping through his belly. His body vibrated violently, like a leaf in a hurricane. He tried to breathe, he tried to answer the questions being thrown at him but he couldn't. Then it stopped.

Jimin slowly sank to the ground, 6 pairs of hands holding him on the way down. Sweat covered his face, it was only a minute but the pain felt like it lasted an eternity.

"Jimin? Baby look at me, look at me, what's wrong? Is it the babies? Are you okay?" Taehyung whispered frantically, patting all across Jimin's body, hoping to find some answers about what just happened.

"I'm..I'm fine, I-I don't know what that was, that has never happened to me before. It felt like they were pushing at my stomach, trying to claw their way out. B-but I felt myself vibrating like that time in the mall. I noticed that I do that when their magic is being used." He informed them.

They all looked at each other. Not quite sure what to do.

"Oh my god."

They all turned to see what Yoongi was talking about only to be met with a scene they have never seen before. Gone was the empty field, now there was a river flowing silently, huge mountain ranges in the distance.

"She covered the land in magic." Namjoon said, astonished at the sight before him. "Jimin, I think that was your children working to break the barrier. I remember reading somewhere that Ghouls used to practice magic too but it would take a lot to conjure up something like this without being a witch, I guess since there's three of them, it was easier but it took a toll on you since you're only one person."

Namjoon took the letter from his pocket. "The coordinates changed! I think there was a magic seal on the letter too, allowing for the seal to be broken once the barrier was. It looks like it leads to the mountains. From the looks of it, we would take about a day to reach there by car, let's go."

They all quickly loaded back in the car, Jimin sitting in the second row with Taehyung, clutching his hand tightly. Once they all settled, they took off.

About 6 hours into the drive, Namjoon decided to switch with Yoongi who was now driving while he got some sleep. Only Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung remained awake now.

Jimin kept his gaze out the window, watching as the trees flew by and the mountain range became closer. He watched the animals run along the side of the road in the grass, watched as birds flew by. His gaze only broke when he felt Taehyung lightly squeeze his hand.

Taehyung sighed, bringing Jimin's hand to his mouth, kissing each finger before intertwining them with his. "I know that you said you were okay, but I was really worried. I-I had thought something happened to you, to our children. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if something had happened to any one of you. This situation...is completely bizarre, something you'd only see in a movie. It's terrifying to know that it's real, this is actually happening. Your life is actively in danger, our pups' lives... We're going on this journey because of some fucked up witches' curse in a time we weren't even part of. This whole situation is fucked up, why us? We found each other only to be faced with a situation where we can be ripped apart again. I don't want to lose you, either one of you. I don't think I can live in a world with you no longer in it, especially after getting a taste of my happily ever after with you."

Jimin's eyes teared up slowly. "Baby...I know this situation is awful, trust me I know, but even in the midst of all this, I couldn't imagine anyone better to get through this with me than you. I know I have a fighting chance with you by my side and thanks to you, I have 3 more reasons to fight just a little bit harder every day. You are my blessing, my sign from the stars that tells me that we'll be okay in the end. The Gods give the hardest challenges to the strongest soldiers, we just have to be strong. We will get through this- you, me, our pups, and the others. With all of you, I know the future's gonna be okay."

A/N: Heyyy guysss. So. Uni has been kicking my ass lately, I'm constantly exhausted, working or sleeping. I cannot wait until classes are over omg. This chapter is dedicated to suganthi1985 you are literally a superstar and I don't even know how you found the patience to continue to read this story so thank you from the bottom of my heart. I've been working on this inconsistently for like 3-4 years? Whoever is reading this right now I want you to know you are freaking amazing for sticking around, thank you. I can't promise consistent updates but I can promise I will continue until the end, this will not go incomplete. Hopefully I finish this year. I also want to wish you all a happy valentines day. Thank you all again for sticking around, it means a lot. If you have any questions, comments, or simply want to say hi, my dms are always open to you guys. 

Until next update, APOBANGPO. 

Word count: 1111