Chapter Twenty-Five: Dybbuk Box

"I think I found something!" Yoongi yelled, cutting through the silence in the library. They were all searching the book shelves for something, anything that could give them clues as to where they should start.

Jimin sat silently in a corner cradling his belly.

Everybody had noticed he seemed extremely on edge and deep in thought which is why everyone silently agreed to give him his space to process everything that he was told while they looked in the books for answers. He opted to not tell anyone about the lingering feeling he felt though whilst they were leaving from upstairs.

Six (6) heads turned upon hearing Yoongi's voice, everyone including Jimin scurried to where he was standing, peering at what he had. He had a big black book in his hand, covered in layers of dust that Yoongi was trying to blow off, coughing up a fit as a result.

He finally managed to clean off most of the dirt for them to be able to see what was written on the book.

"It says..." Yoongi squints his eyes, "History of Akkovar: Witches Vol 2. There must be something in here right?" He asked, looking around at the others.

"I mean if anything it should have valuable information on witches given the title, of their magic and how it works, and maybe even rituals like the one the witch used to remove her own heart and still live." Namjoon chimed in.

"Open it." Jimin said, with a determined look on his face. "We don't know how much time we have left until this curse takes full effect and we don't know how many more of those things will come after me. We have to move fast. Hand me the book."

Everyone made noises of agreement before Yoongi handed the book over to Jimin. They watched as he walked over to one of the tables situated near the walls and plopped the book down with a heavy thud.

Jimin waved them over and they all scrambled to gather around the table.

"Okay." Jimin whispered to himself before throwing open the cover of the book. They all read in silence, Jimin occasionally flipping a page or two looking for information they need.

"Ah here it is, the chapter on Witchcraft and Ritualistic Practices," Jimin skims the page before continuing, "It says here that even with the most powerful witches, heart displacement cannot be done easily. It will chip at the soul as it is more of a longevity spell than anything else. The witch must provide sacrifices- life to obtain life- and he or she must have someone trusted to care for their heart as if anything happens to it, the witch will die completely, turning into dust. It says something else but it seems to be in another language that I can't understand..." Jimin pouts.

"I can probably figure it out, I studied ancient languages." Namjoon piqued up. "It says... witches typically store their hearts in something called a dybbuk box. It is sealed with a special wax, unique to each coven and covered with additional sealing magic."

"Okay so does anybody know what a dybbuk box is? What it looks like?" Taehyung asked, looking around at the others, watching as they all shook their heads no.

And so another search began. They searched the shelves for a while longer until Hoseok came across a book titled 'Magical Trinkets and Artifacts'.

It contained pictures, thankfully, of everything mentioned and it didn't take long for them to come across the chapter on dybbuk boxes.

They were old and raggedy, almost like a very old jewelry box but it was covered in an extremely thick layer of red wax, sealing the opening up completely. It also stated that it required a key to open.

"The Keeper more than likely has the key with him so we have to come up with a plan on how to get it from him and also figure out a way to not only open the wax seal but also break the sealing magic surrounding it." Jin said, making them all even more aware that they definitely had their work cut out for them.

Figuring out how to open the wax seal was surprisingly not that hard. The book said magical wax was only a little bit harder than normal wax so it would probably open with a hammer or something. The real problem was figuring out how to crack the sealing magic.

"We can do it but we need to figure out what magic is used and if there is a way to break or reverse it." Jungkook informed them, reaching for the book on witches.

They all watched observantly as he skimmed through the text, flipping pages, and occasionally humming at something he read before he turned his head up towards the others.

"There is a way to break the magic but we need a witch or someone who practices witchcraft and has the same level of skill as a coven witch. Namjoon, Jin, do you guys have anyone you know or can think of that may be able to help?" Jungkook asked the pair.

"I have an old friend, her name is Remi. She's a witch and she went into hiding in the human realm after the rebellion. We can venture there to find her and ask for her help." Namjoon

said, looking into their eyes.

"Do you think she'd be willing to help us? Especially with the fact that she's in hiding and because of the situation at hand?" Jimin asked worriedly.

"She might not want to but she has to, she owes me her life. She told me if I were ever in need of help to come see her." Namjoon smiled at Jimin gently, hoping to ease some of his worries.

That only made him more wary though. Why was this "Remi" even hiding in the first place? Jimin supposes everyone has their own reasons for doing what they do. If Namjoon trusts this girl, he would too.

A/N:

Hi guyssss, see? I'm getting much better at not taking 3 months to upload lol. Sooo I gave their little alternate world a name, Akkovar. How are we feeling about that? I wrote this entire chapter in one sitting and no it is not proofread so please don't be afraid to point out spelling errors or any inconsistencies in the story! I encourage any and all feedback and interactions. I was planning on doing two chapters but it has been a hectic month with midterms and final exams are approaching and I am dead tired BUT I will update as soon as it's all over, or maybe during thanksgiving break.

As always, thank you guys so so much for the support you've shown little ol' me and this fic.I appreciate it greatly and you guys inspire me to do better and give more with every update.

Until next time my lovelies, borahae!

Word count: 1,009