Chapter Twenty-Four: Aware

Silence once again took over the room's atmosphere...

You could hear a pin drop, Jimin stood frozen in the middle of the room. He could feel the eyes of everyone else watching him carefully, gauging his face for some kind of reaction to what he'd just heard. A laugh, a cry, anything. Still, Jimin didn't move.

Eventually, slowly but surely, he came to. "So you're saying I was meant to find that room? It was created for me and this- witch cursed my babies and I to become some kind of war machine?"

Everyone's faces spoke of nothing but sorrow.

"So what do we do to end this? How can we lift this curse and get Jimin and our children out of danger?" Taehyung spoke into the silence.

"I was getting to that. After the leader of the Lycan clan spoke up, he refused to speak more on the matter, snapped his mouth closed as if he were afraid to speak on the matter. We were left to process the information on our own. I asked how we would be able to end the curse but again, nobody spoke up. In their faces all I could see was fear." Namjoon continued.

"That is until one of the servants came into the room, they had been listening from the outside."

The servant burst into the room unannounced. "I know the answer to your question, I know how to help you." They said, walking closer.

"Shut your mouth child, you know nothing!" The leader of the Faerie clan shouted, standing up abruptly.

"I do know! I've been here, trapped for centuries and forced to serve you all. You pretentious slobs, I've seen so many of my people suffer by your hands, they'll come to the council seeking advice, remedies, and guidance and you'd let them suffer. I'm putting an end to this! I have no other reason to live." They shouted back.

"I admit my wrongdoings, I'll admit it all but this, child, is one thing that must not be said, you have no idea what you're doing!" The leader of the Wolf clan spoke.

"I know exactly what I'm talking about and I welcome with open arms, the Hands of Hell." They sneered, turning to Namjoon and Jin. "To break this curse you need to find the witch's heart, she has followers, plenty of them, that still live. One is named The Keeper. He is her lackey that has been with her even when she was alive. He oversees all of her wishes through a crystal that connects the demon realm and this one and is watching the one you came to inquire about. The only place safe from the power of the crystal is where they were created. They keep her heart safe as it is the only way she is connected to this realm. The people thought she was killed in the battle of The Fallen but that old witch had her heart carved out and kept safe so that only her physical form would die. Her soul lives on, her heart lives on. It needs to be destroyed and with it, she would lose her connection to this world, lifting the curse."

"How do you know this?" Jin asked, stunned.

"I only know this because my grandmother and mother were part of that rebellion. They were evil and were very close with that witch. They told me these things when I was young, hoping I'd turn out to be like them but all I've ever wanted was peace. After the battle, I was taken captive by the council, forced to serve them as punishment for my family's crimes. I thought I deserved it but I began to see how the council and my family were no different. I had always hoped that the one the witch cursed would come forward for help from the council to lift this curse so I could tell them all this so I can finally rest, now that you're here, my mission is complete. I have no reason to keep living now... Manus Inferni Excipio." They said before dozens of black ghost-like hands sprout from the ground, pulling the servant to the depths.

"We got out of there as quickly as our legs would take us. We spent hours going over everything we were told, replaying the events that unfolded in front of us over and over again." Jin said with a slight shiver.

Everybody was stunned.

"So the server waited centuries to finally be able to tell us how to lift the curse? Then just- died?" Jungkook stated with wide eyes.

Namjoon spoke up, "I honestly just think the server was done with everything, I mean being held captive for so long because of their family crimes yet still wanting to make up for it by helping out the cursed. I guess they had no real reason to live beyond that, it's sad but I'm grateful they even did that to begin with. Now we know how to help Jimin."

"Okay so we know what we are supposed to do, find the witch's heart and destroy it but we still need to know how and where to start. I'm sure that the heart of a witch so powerful wouldn't be easy to find let alone easy to get rid of. What about her underlings? The servant said The Keeper would be guarding her heart and is watching Jimin through a crystal. Who's to say they aren't watching what we're doing right now and already know of our plans?" Yoongi inquired.

"Wait, didn't the servant say that the only place the power of crystal doesn't work is where it can be created? Everyone knows witches create their crystals in their covens and it just so happens that we have one in our basement. We can go down there to discuss whatever we are going to do and also look in the books there to find a hint as to where we could start." Taehyung proposed.

Everyone nodded in agreement before heading to the library. Jimin fell behind a few steps, hairs on the back of his necks standing abruptly, suddenly feeling eyes on him. He looked around the room, noting nobody was there other than themselves, before turning back around and joining everyone else.

__________________________________________

"Boss, he felt that we were watching him."

"I see. Let the Enchantress know that the boy is starting to become...aware."

A/N:

Well now you know who the mysterious "Boss" is, what the crystal is and what it does, and who was watching Jimin on their trip to the mall. Do you guys have any more questions? Put them in the comments and I'll answer them as long as they don't spoil upcoming chapters! 

I figured I'd drop this little chapter to get feedback on the new turn the story is taking. Please don't hesitate to let me know your thoughts as they are greatly appreciated and they help me determine what is liked and disliked so that I do better in later chapters!!

Until next time my lovelies, borahae!

Word count: 1,075