LM | 5

From now on, I'm taking all her calls (All her calls)From now on, I won't get lost at all (Mmm-mmm-mmm)My time is runnin' out, I know (Mmm)And right now, I'm just tryna restore her hope in me'Cause clearly somebody don' hurt herAnd I just wanna be...

From now on, I won't get lost at all (Mmm-mmm-mmm)
My time is runnin' out, I know (Mmm)
And right now, I'm just tryna restore her hope in me
'Cause clearly somebody don' hurt her
And I just wanna be the one who stands between
Anyone that don't do her right
I'd be there like every night
Tryna make these dudes see the light

Jagged Edge's 'Hope' seeped through the speakers at medium volume. Milliana was moving around her kitchen, preparing a late breakfast for herself and her guest, who was still sleeping. As she cooked, she couldn't do anything but pay attention to the lyrics. Even though it's been about 12 hours of her knowing Kaleb, the song resonated with their situation. He had been hurt, and she wanted to restore his hope.

Milli turned the eye down low and made her way to her bedroom. She wasn't shocked at all when she returned from the kitchen last night to see him asleep in her bed. With him being a thick man, she knew he wasn't going to be comfortable on her couch. To Milli, it felt good to sleep in the arms of a man instead of cuddling up with her Vermont teddy bear. Leaning up against the doorframe with her arms and feet crossed, a smile tugged at her lips as she watched him roll over and look for her.

"Good morning, Mr. Kaleb." She crawled into her bed and sat on her right leg, which left the left one to hang.

Kaleb slid up and rubbed his face before making eye contact with Milli. He eyed her attire and shook his head as he felt his dick twitch up against his thigh. "Good morning, baby. What time is it?"

"It's about 11, almost noon. Your phone has been ringing since I woke up. There's a bag in the bathroom with a few things. Handle your hygiene, please, and meet me in the kitchen. Towels and a new toothbrush are on the counter as well." She leaned up and kissed his forehead before making her way back into the kitchen.

"Yes, momma. I'm good. I'll be home in a minute. I'm with a friend..." Kaleb wasn't sure of the nature of the relationship just yet, but he was more than sure that they might be more than friends soon. He looked up as he walked into the kitchen, only to see Milli's eyes already on him. He winked, making her smile.

"A friend, alright. Whatever you do or did, I just hope you're safe. How are you getting home?"

"I got a ride. We'll talk more when I get there. Kiss my niece for me. She's been blowing me up too." Kaleb slid onto the bar stool and propped his head up on his hand. It was literally throbbing. He was just glad he didn't make an ass out of himself last night by throwing up or anything."

"Yeah, she's been raving about you guy's ice cream and toy shopping date. I love you, son. See you soon."

After they said their additional goodbyes, Kaleb locked his phone and placed it on the island. He wanted to give Milli all his attention for the time being. He didn't know how long he was going to be in her presence, so he was going to enjoy the moment. He watched as she moved around the kitchen, fixing their plates.