JAK | 4

"Stop, wait a minute

"Stop, wait a minute. The way you move that girl! You done got my heart all in it and I just wanna be with you tonight! Girl, please. I'm a player, yeah, it's true, but I change the game for you. I wanna see what it do!" Karmine screamed the lyrics to Lloyd's 'You' as she sat on the side of her tub with her leg propped up as she glided the razor. It was another free weekend for her meaning she didn't have no heads to do. She was kind of glad too because when she fought Shayla she ended up spraining her wrist, so she needed the break from braiding.

"Can I be for real? This is how I feel!! I'm in need of love, so let's dip up out of hereee! Ooh, you're just my type. Everything's so right and I just wanna chill, so let's dip up out of here, let's dip up out of here!" She moved her head to the music as she sung the lyrics off key and wiped her leg off with a warm towel. She tighten her wrap around towel and stood up cleaning up her mess. Kar was about to take a well needed bubble bath before Quen arrived.

After spending time with everybody else catching up and working, the duo finally had some time to theirselves especially since Big K and Kayden went out of town to make some moves. Karmine poured a cap of the bubble bath into the tub letting the bubbles form. It was a little after six and Kar new Quen would be arriving soon after he finished dinner with his grandparents.

"You smell good, Amorra." Quen whispered as he wrapped his arms around her waist, making her jump as she looked in the mirror.

"Don't be sneaking up on me like that. You ain't running up in nobody trap." Karmine smacked her lips before she turned around wrapping her arms around his neck. He cuffed her thighs lifting her up and sitting her on the sink.

Quen laughed loudly and pecked her lips. "Girl hush. How was your day?"

"It was very productive. I cleaned up, ordered more inventory for the shop, made rotel, and baked some cupcakes. How was dinner with Momo and Paw?" Karmine rubbed his face as he leaned into her hand.

"What flavor you bake? And dinner was cool. They ready for me to marry you and grandkids. I told them they gotta wait for another two years. I want and need you in college first and I need at least a year into the league."

Karmine smiled and shook her head. "Caramel. You wanna marry me for real?"

"Do I? I have your ring picked out already and Pops gave me his blessing a while back. We locked in for life, Lady Love. Stop playing and act like you know." He bucked at her making her laugh.

"That sounds like something Karson would do. Since we talking about our future, how would you feel if I went to the same college as you?"

Quen's eyes went wide as he stepped back. "Stop playing, Karmine! You got accepted into Duke?"

Kar smiled wide and nodded her head. "Yes sir. I got accepted into Duke, Kentucky and a few HBCUs. Duke has the program I want and need."

"And yo ugly self told me you was going to the local community college. I knew that wasn't right because you always talked about going away for school. Congratulations, mama!" He attacked her neck with kisses making her fall back into laugher.