JAK | 1

"Shayla! Are you ready to go? The doors open at 7 and it's 6:30 now

"Shayla! Are you ready to go? The doors open at 7 and it's 6:30 now. The line is probably wrapped around the building." Karmine huffed as she stood up from the rolling chair that was positioned in front of her friend's desk. She walked and stood in front of the body mirror and sighed as she twisted and turned her body. Karmine was a plus size girl that stood at about five feet and three to four inches with a wide behind and some thick thighs. With the way her stomach was set up, she was kind of shaped like a pear. She was showing more skin than normal and didn't know how she felt. It was a new and different feeling for her.

It was the year of 2016 and it was the summer, everybody's least favorite season in the south because of the extreme heat. Karmine was a fresh high school graduate and she was on a mission to have fun before she went away for college.

Today was the grand reopening of Blazing Wheels, a skating rink that has been closed for a few years because of a bad fire. With all the violence and deaths in the small city, the community and a few local drug dealers came together to help the owners bring it back to life. They knew the kids needed something to occupy and keep them off the streets this summer. They brought a staple back to life, bringing a little sunshine to the city.

"Don't start yo shit. Get the fuck out the mirror and come on. You look fine, damn."

Karmine frowned at the aggressiveness in her tone and turned away from the mirror—mugging her. "How many times do I have to tell you to watch how the fuck you talk to me? We friends and all but don't do the aggressive stuff with me. If I said I didn't like it the first time, why keep doing it? Don't piss me off."

Shayla stood there dumbfounded as she watched Karmine snatch up her vintage Gucci fanny pack and walk out of the room. Kar fondled with the zipper as she pulled out the keys to her '87 Chevrolet Monte Carlo. She had a thing for old schools and loved restoring them with her father. Her Monte was all black with bloody guts sitting on some 24s and with some 15s in the trunk that would beat down any block.

Sticking the key into the door, Kar turned it making the lock pop up. She pulled on the handle—opening up the door and slid into the driver's seat. Karmine had a half mind to leave Shayla but the angel on her shoulder had won. Pushing the key into the ignition, she turned the key over making the engine rumble as the car shook. She flipped through her CD case before sliding her Lil Boosie mix in.

"So if you looking for that hoe then she probably with my dawg! And he beating up that pussy knocking pictures off the wall!" She screamed the lyrics as the song blared through her speakers. The 15s her father put in the truck had her whole car and mirrors shaking.

Shayla approached the car and knocked on the window. Kar's tint was so dark she didn't see her, but she knew who was standing outside her window. Leaning over and pulling the lock up, Karmine opened the door and pulled her harness seatbelt on her body before pulling off. Not even caring if Shayla was in the car all the way. With her right arm on the armrest and left hand at the top of the wheel? They were going to make it before the doors open.