RTR | 4

You know how they say you take two steps forward only to be pushed three steps back? Something like that, I don't know but it's never ending

You know how they say you take two steps forward only to be pushed three steps back? Something like that, I don't know but it's never ending. God I swear it's always something. It's been about a month and half since I got laid off. Yes you read that right, right before the holiday period. Shit is fucked up man. I've been working there for damn near forever and they let me go? Can't do nothing but shake my head man.

Hey, on the bright side I get to spend more time with my baby. I've been job hunting like crazy. I know I done filled out over a hundred applications and no call backs. Paw put up some of his social security money for the bills and that broke me because that's his money for his Medicine and things he needed. God I just need some, I don't even want much.

I was currently laying in my bed just staring at the ceiling. Journi was on my chest sleep and every time my chest would rise and fall, she would too. I shook my head because I feel like I'm failing as a father. Something gots to give man. Feel like I'm about to break man. I think I'm going to sell my Jordan collection though.

Before y'all even go off, I was collecting shoes before Paw got sick. He was buying me a pair every now and then. He allowed me to get a job when I was in high school and I chose Champs. I racked up every time some heat dropped. It kind of slowed down when he got real sick and when Journi popped up. I think the best way to sell them is through social media, but I'm really not big on social media so I wouldn't even know how to go about that.

I threw my legs over the bed and eased out. Walking over to Jo's crib, I laid her down carefully so she wouldn't wake up. I pulled her blanket up her back and walked out of the room. Going down the other side of the hall, I knocked on Grandpa door and waited.

"It's open Majé!"

He shouted and I twisted the door knob pushing through. He was sitting in his recliner with his feet kicked back wrapped in his heated blanket. And yes, watching Sanford and Son. "Paw let me use your phone."

"It's on the night stand." He pointed and I grabbed it retreating back to the hallway. It was a little government phone and that was all he needed. I dialed the only number I knew by heart. It rung for a few before she picked up.

"Grandpa Joe? You okay?"

I shook my head laughed lightly to myself. "Nah, It's me. Are you busy?"

"Oh hey Syair and no, I was just about to do a little shopping. Wasssup?"

I scratched my head and sighed. "Uh I kind of need your help with something."

Y'all just don't how hard that was to say.

"Okay, give me a hour and I'll be over."