JAK | 3

"Damn, it's hot! Quen better be lucky I like his mean self

"Damn, it's hot! Quen better be lucky I like his mean self." Karmine expressed as she fanned her face. It was a hot Saturday afternoon and all the niggas were at the court playing ball. Something hood niggas love to do especially in the summer time. Kar was sitting sideways on her four wheeler eating a large tigers blood and tutti frutti snoball.

"You right about that. These niggas know they could've waited until it cooled off." Alexia huffed as she took a big sip of her water. She stuck the bottle between her legs and pulled her braids up into a bun to get them off her neck.

Karmine laughed. "Niggas don't think, Pooda."

"There go yo girl." Lexi pointed as she watched Shayla walk across the field. Karmine laughed and sat her snoball in the cup holder before hopping off the ATV.

"She's been ducking and dodging me since the reopening of the rink because she know I know she was in Quen's DMs. I'll be back."

"Uh uh! What you finna do Karma?" Lexi asked as she jumped off her dirt bike preparing to follow her.

"That's not my nickname for nothing. I told Quen I was smacking her the next time I saw her and you know I stand on everything I say."

Kar made sure her shoes was laced up before she walked across the court in the middle of game not caring about the boys smacking their lips or yelling. She stood in front of Shayla and stuck her hands in the pockets of her shorts. "Wassup friend? I ain't seen you in a minute."

Shayla looked up and Kar smiled at the fear in her eyes. She didn't wanna fight anybody that she considered a friend but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Everybody thought just because Kar was a quiet fat girl that they could just mistreat and use her because they felt sorry for her. And that's where a lot of people went wrong. She didn't need nobody to feel sorry for her or treat her different because she was fat. Kar has PCOS and because of her hormones being imbalanced her weight was stubborn, but that was okay because she loved her body and so did the nigga that everybody wanted. Yes, she has her days, but who doesn't?

"I've been around."

Karmine licked her lips and nodded her head. Before anybody could blink, she fed Shayla a quick two piece and stepped back waiting on her to get up.

"DAMN!" Lexi screamed holding her mouth as if she was the one that got hit.

"Bitch, I've been sparing you for the longest, but you fucked up sliding in Quen's DMs. The whole hood know who he love and as my friend I expected better and more from you. But that's where I fucked up at, expecting! We've been friends since head start and you've been treating me like dirt. I got people in my ear but I decided to give you the benefit of the doubt and this is how you do me?!" Karmine spat as she dodged her hits and fed her another two piece.

"QUEN, JUDAH, MARIO! Karmine is fighting! Aht aht bitch! Back up ain't no jumping." Lexi grabbed one of Shayla's flunkies by their hair and slung her on the ground before punching her in her mouth. She kicked her and started giving work to somebody else that decided to be bold.

"Oh shit!" Mario exclaimed as he ran over with Ju and Quen behind him.

Karmine tripped Shayla and threw her to the ground as she started throwing gorilla punches. Kar popped her in her nose—making it sound off.

"Shitttt!" Judah let off as he and Mario tried to control the crowd that was forming.

"Bitch please. Don't even think twice about it." Quen pushed a girl that was about to try and hit Karmine from behind.

"Y'all got the game fucked up! Definitely won't be no jumping out here. Come on, Mimi get up. You won, mama."

Quen wrapped his arms around her waist and picked her off of Shayla. Once they was back by her ATV, he placed her on the seat examining her face. They locked eyes and laughed.

"I beat her ass didn't, I?" Karmine flexed her hands as the adrenaline was starting to wear off.

"That you did. Get some money out my bag and go get you another snoball and sit down. Let me play a few more games and then we can go, aight?" Quen kissed the side of her face and smacked her ass before walking off.

"You finna be the topic of the summer because ain't no way you just whooped her ass and now you over here sitting pretty! Girllll! I am through." Lexi screamed as she walked back where they were previously. Karmine laughed and threw her leg over the seat of her four wheeler—cranking it up.

"I really tried to spare her, but to continue talking to me crazy after I have expressed many times to not do so? Was the last straw. Her sliding in Quen's DMs and hiding from me really set me off though. You know it take a lot for me to fight. She's gonna be crawling back though because EVERYBODY know I was a good friend to her. I hate I was taken out of my character but, it was needed."

Karmine shook her head as she watched Shayla limp away. She lowkey felt bad, but then she started remember the things Shayla has done and sometimes the bad outweighs the good. She laughed once Quen pointed at her as he bounced the ball at the free throw line.

"This one for you, Lady!" He threw the ball up and it went in making Karmine smiled as he yelled. She shook her head and drove off heading around the corner with Lexi following behind on her dirt bike.

Kar could see why everybody wanted Quentavious. He was about 6 feet and darkskin with waves that were guaranteed to make you sick. His body was full of tattoos and three out of the many were Karmine's name. He wasn't your stereotypical hood nigga and she thinks that's why everyone gravitates towards him. But what she couldn't understand was why everybody was so mad at their relationship. Niggas used to DOG her just because she was fat, but that Quen? That Quen? Loves everything about her. Her weight didn't bother him because she was much more than her weight. Quentavious was raised by his grandparents and that should tell you all that you need know.

 Quentavious was raised by his grandparents and that should tell you all that you need know

well shayla won't be coming around no more.

we find out why it's called "just a kiss" in the next part.

y'all can also give me ideas on what type of shorts y'all wanna see.

I know I've said this once already but writing these are fun 😭

also follow me on twitter for more engagement. wattpad engagement sucks.