LM | 1

"Shorty, you really finna get married! I'm proud of you baby!"

Kaleb laughed at his brother, Jarvis, as he nursed the glass of bourbon that was resting in his left hand. "Man what? I can't believe it either. Shorty got me, but nah I'm happy as hell! I'm really finna marry the love of my life, ya mean?!"

"Never thought I'd see the day." Jailen stated as he shook his head and ashes his Cuban cigar.

Kaleb threw a pillow at him. "Oh shut the hell up. Everybody know I was gonna be the first to get married outta you bozos. Y'all wouldn't commit to nothing if it was necessary to save ya life."

All the men in the room laughed because it was a little truth behind his statement. Kaleb Rush was currently sitting in the groomsmen's suite with all his groomsmen as they all moved around getting ready for his big day. Mr. Rush was about to marry the love of his life. He couldn't wait to say those two infamous words in front of their friends and family.

Kaleb met Nyala on a random Tuesday at a sandwich shop while he was out on his lunch break. As he was walking out of the door, she collided with his hard body—smashing his drink and ruining his clothes. Being the man that he was, he didn't even trip. He was already having a bad day that day because his boss had pissed him. He simply picked up his busted cup, laughed, and walked off. She was a stranger and he knew better than to take his anger and frustration out on someone who didn't deserve it. He had left before Nyala could even apologize and that left her frustrated.

Fast forwarding to a week after that incident, they bumped into each other again, literally, at a festival. Only this time no one's clothes got ruined. Kaleb was about to walk away until his arm was grabbed. Little did he know, ever since their first encounter he was on her mind. They chopped it up and eventually exchanged numbers. That was three years ago and now they were about to tie the knot and live happily ever after.

Kaleb slipped out of the suite and went on a mission to find him something to eat. He was hungry which was fueled my nervousness, nevertheless he was hungry. The ceremony was due to start in the next two hours or so and he was honestly ready, but could we say the same for Nyala?

"Kaleb! Why aren't you dressed? I will literally stick my foot up yo narrow ass." Melissa, his auntie and only parental figure expressed as she popped his exposed stomach making him laugh and dodge her hits.

"Momma chill! I'm hungry and I'm a little tipsy. I need to feed this alcohol before I be throwing up on everybody." He bucked at her and quickly stepped back before she could hit him.

"Lord! You make my ass itch. Come on and once you eat, you need to be getting ready along with your groomsmen. Y'all take pictures first." She pointed, scolding him making him laugh again.

"Yes ma'am."

About two hours later, it was finally time to get this show on the road. Kaleb and the wedding party was lined up outside the venue doors. Of course he was walking down the aisle first. All he was waiting on was his cue. The instrumental to 'You' by Jesse Powell started playing. The ushers opened the doors and once the lyrics stared flowing through the speakers, Kaleb started marching down the aisle. His smile was big as his VVs mouth piece danced in the light. He reached the alter and shook hands with the pastor before standing to his left.

The song switched to 'You Are' by Charlie Wilson as the wedding party marched down the aisle, set by set in sync. Kaleb slapped hands with his best man, which was his brother as he stepped up beside him. After the last bridesmaid and groomsman marched in, the ring bearer made his way to his uncle Kaleb and stood between his legs as the doors closed.

All the guest stood up once the flower girl threw out her last petal. The intro to '1+1' by Beyoncé started playing and before he knew it Kaleb's emotions were starting to get the best of him. His brother, gripped his shoulder in assurance.

The guest started whispering and murmuring once the song had faded out and there wasn't a Nyala walking down the aisle. Jarvis looked at his brother before looking at their momma, Melissa who was sitting on the front row looking just as confused as him. Kaleb furrowed his eyebrows once the music stopped. "What's going on? Where's Nyala?"

"I'm sorry Kaleb, but I can't marry you."

Kaleb whipped his head around and the audience gasped in sync as they watched an undress Nyala walked into the venue. Kaleb chuckled and shook his head. "Nah, this gotta be a joke. Why you not dressed?"

"I can't marry you, Kaleb. I haven't been honest with you and I'll rather do this now than break your heart on down the line. I've been cheating on you and my karma has caught up with me. I'm pregnant with his child and he wants to be with me."

"Somebody please pinch me and tell me I'm dreaming. I just know this is a dream. The fuck you just say to me?" He frowned as the tears rolled down his face. They were tears of happiness, but now they're tears of sadness mixed ignited by anger.

Nyala sighed and rubbed her hands through her fresh install nervously . "Please don't make me repeat it."

"You so fucking embarrassing! Why you just now saying some? We could've been called it quits, yet you waited until I spent my money on this fucking wedding? The fuck type of time are you on? You gonna do this today? In front of all our family and friends? I did nothing but LOVE you and this is what I get in return? I whorsbip the ground you walk on and, yet I'm looking like Bozo the clown because you wanna be a two timing whore. I hope that bastard ass baby die."

"I said I was sorry!" Nyala cried out. Kaleb laughed and shook his head.

"Sorry? Fuck yo sorry! Yo sorry not gonna fix the damage."

Kaleb stepped down the steps shrugging off the hands that tried to hold him back because they didn't want him doing anything regretful. He licked his lips as he stared in the eyes of the woman he fell in with with. Before anybody could comprehend and get a feel of the situation, Kaleb spit in her face and walked off, heading down the aisle full of emotions.

 Before anybody could comprehend and get a feel of the situation, Kaleb spit in her face and walked off, heading down the aisle full of emotions

whewwww! this was a lot, but here is the first part to short #2, "lost me"

thoughts on kaleb?

thoughts on nyala?

per my last announcement because I don't know if it posted or not. | my wattpad has been broke all day! but my linktr.ee is now in my bio! It's has the links to my apple music, spotify, and twitter profiles!

the last chapter of perfect timing is coming soon! I wanna make the ending special for y'all. just hold on please.

and to you people that's reading and not voting? y'all lame as hell.