twelve - the spanish teacher

seeing the glee boys and mr schue sing a song that was unlikely racially motivated was enough for santana and macy, who were watching the display in horror, to want to kill themselves.

"this is..." macy heard santana trail off.

macy whispered, "this feels racist." "yeah, no. it is."

after the lesson, macy went right to figgins.

macy took a breath, "i want to make a complaint."

"if i wanted to feel offended, i would watch late night tv. i just don't get it." macy said to santana as the two sat in the cafeteria. "i know i look white but with both of my dads from different cultures, that spanish class was horrible."

"which one of your dads are spanish?" "pa is chilean while dad is korean." she scratched her neck.

santana smiled, "you know, i was wrong about you, barbie." "how come?" macy asked, eating some fries.

"after our argument stemming from those bully buster jobs, i thought you were a rich, stuck up disaster. yet, you're pretty cool, blondie."

macy blushed and nodded as the two went to glee.

macy shot her hand up, "why now?"

schue looked at her after explaining the week's lesson, "what?" artie asked and macy took a breath, "why are we doing latin songs now?"

"because, macy, it's long overdue. the truth is, i love all things latin!" mr schue explained, throwing his hands up, "i-i mean, i love latin food, latin art, latin people-"

"you don't know any latin people?" santana questioned the teacher and suddenly, someone knocked on the door.

"hola, will." as he spoke spanish, macy furrowed her brows.

"you were flossing?" she asked and the unknown man turned to her. "bit late for that?"

he was introduced as david martinez. "macy?" he asked.

they knew each other?

mr schue watched the interaction, "you know david?" he asked.

macy stood up and smiled, "he's my half-brother." "yeah, it's been a while."

the two began to speak in david's native tongue and mr archie had to break it apart. "macy, you know spanish?" "and korean." she smiled.

sam widened his eyes, impressed.

mr schue, by now, was speaking nonsense and kept saying the wrong things whenever david spoke his language. macy had to laugh.

"a performance with duende transforms you. makes you sing, makes you cry, makes you laugh. makes you want to kiss a person you love."

macy quickly side eyed sam but he side eyed mercedes. she swallowed her pride.

"a song sung in spanish must have duende, or else-" "would you mind showing us?" santana interrupted.

kurt was all for it and mr schue approved.

david smiled at macy as she nodded, "okay," he laughed, "well, i'm not a professional like you guys."

macy stood up, "dude, you can do it. he has a really attractive voice. i can even help you if you wanted."

david denied as he wanted to showcase his skills. macy couldn't even blame him.

"so, no talking to mercedes for a week?" "yeah, i think it's dumb."

macy sifted through the stuff in her locker and found her keys. the two began the walk to her car. "since when have you found anything dumb?"