sixteen - born this way

"alright guys, nationals are just a few weeks away and it's time to bear down." mr schue sat on the piano in his common vest and plaid shirt combo.

macy stood in front of brittany and behind mike.

"your singing at regionals was amazing but your dancing?" macy looked down. she thought she did very well in both departments, "it's booty camp time! a five, six, seven, eight."

as they all did basic choreography, macy heard a hand slap a face and then a slight crack. looking over, rachel's nose was bleeding and macy was in shock as the hit had caught her off-guard.

rachel was ushered away by finn and mr schue and macy stood next to mike, concerned for her.

"you're getting a nose job." quinn said.

"i'm considering having a minor adjustment to repair my deviated septum."

macy was confused, "so a nose job?" "look, i'm happy with the way i look, okay? i've embraced my nose but let's say, i want a slightly more demure nose? like macy's, for example."

macy was annoyed rachel pointed the finger at her. sam squeezed her shoulder.

"i would never change my appearance for vanity, but i mean, the doctor said it could possibly improve my talent which would help us all for nationals."

"possibly," mr schue replied, "what about all the risks? your voice is amazing as it is, rachel."

santana took a deep breath, "hold up. could we all get real here for a second? i hear that rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. i mean, i wouldn't know, because like medusa, i try to avoid eye contact with her." macy smiled with amusement, "but can we all stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? i mean, i'm sure sam was in the doctors office, looked at pamphlets on mouth reduction."

sam hunched and macy squeezed his upper thigh.

"i'm sure santana has thought about getting her brain redone so she can stop insulting everyone around her." macy naturally said and santana just eyed her down.

"oh," santana said, "i'm sure macy has considered fattening up so she can stop being so hot."

macy wasn't even mad, she just turned to santana with confusion.

after everyone stopped talking, glee was soon done with and macy walked out, feeling confused.

"did santana call me hot?" she asked puck.

"sounded like it. you are, though." "i know but just, i don't know, wow?"

santana pushed past the two with tears and macy took a deep breath before being pulled away by sam.

"you did great standing up to santana." he smiled as the two made their way to the janitors closet. sam pushed her in and they began to talk for a second, "i have to agree with her, you are smoking hot."

macy just closed the gap and the two proceeded to make out.

"why is miss pillsbury here?" finn asked mr mr schue wrote on the whiteboard.

"she's helping us out with this week's assignment." mr schue turned, being towered by one word.

acceptance.

"this is the only club at school that is represented by just about every race, religion, sexual orientation and clique." sam bounced his leg, "but many of you are still having a hard time with acceptance."

"that's crazy. we love eachother." mercedes said.

"now, i won't deny that you accept eachother, but you don't accept yourselves. this assignment has two parts." he continued, "i want you all to sing songs about accepting yourself for who you are. the best and the worst parts."