ten - yes/no

"mercedes, what's the deal with you and sam?" macy heard tina ask. she sat on the lunch table.

"oh?" the blonde hummed, "you and sam have a thing?" she asked, confused.

"what?" mercedes asked, "okay, okay, okay, okay. it's true, sam and i spent a lot of time at the lake together and we had a fling..."

this made macy frown.

"summer lovin' happened so fast~." macy felt kurt bump her shoulder and take her hand. he had a reassuring look in his eyes. "met a boy, cute as can be."

she tried to share the excitement but it was hard, right?

all the girls followed mercedes but santana, kurt and macy stayed and she began to move along to the music.

after some more ranting about sam and her's fling, macy raised her eyebrow, "'cause he sounds like a drag." kurt and her said in unison.

all the girls began to shimmy and soon, the song ended.

talking to artie, "but still, i think lady gaga is better than katy perry. judas is her best work!" she smiled as artie looked behind her. "oh, hey becky."

with no response, becky just stared at artie, who looked a little uncomfortable. she walked off and macy looked at artie, "that was..."

"yeah." he said, but the conversation resumed like it was nothing and the two heard the bell.

the words were finally written out on the board and mr schue turned back to face everyone.

"marry me!" he exclaimed, "yes, i am proposing to miss pillsbury!"

macy looked to artie and hi fived him, "yes, sir!" she congratulated him.

he laughed as he walked forward, "this is the kind of news that you want to share with your family and you guys are my family."

"that's amazing, sir!" macy smiled and he thanked her.

"here's the thing. it's got to be perfect. i'm sitting down with emma's parents tonight to ask for permission and then, this proposal needs to knock her well washed socks off and that's where you guys come in."

macy smiled and felt artie watch her. she looked to him and they shared a grin.

sam was quick to notice.

"so the assignment for the week is to come up with a proposal number. you know miss pillsbury. it's got to be perfect!"

"well, you can count on us, mr schue!"

the bell went and macy walked out with artie, "that was quite the romantic lesson, right?" he asked as they congregated to his locker. macy began to help him.

"yeah. that was so cool. i love stuff like this. imagine the possibilities of a number."

artie grinned, "we could always do a number together?" "maybe. i have got dinner tonight; some fancy restaurant deal thing dad is making. after, i'll call you up?" "great."

macy watched artie wheel off and walked off herself.

"you look really beautiful." allen smiled as macy walked down in her dress.

"thank you." she nodded.

"how has school been, angel?" andrew asked. "good," macy smiled, "the glee club is organising a song for sir to propose to miss pillsbury."

the husbands smiled, "that's cute! right, al?" "absolutely." allen grinned, "have you got a song in mind?"

"anything arctic monkeys? fluorescent adolescence or reckless serenade seems fun." macy suggested to herself. the three ventured to the limo and macy sighed as artie began to text her.

drums quickly hit and macy frowned, "so you're on the prowl, wonderin' whether she left already or not."

the limo eventually stopped and the night swiftly blew into a soft, slower blur.

"sunglasses indoors, par for the course. lights on the floors and sweat on the walls, cages and poles."

looking out, she couldn't believe her eyes as sam was beside her. she hadn't realised that sam had come along aswell, which had confused her.

he lived with her and she didn't even remember interacting with him before this very moment.

"call off the search for your soul or put it on hold again. she's having a sly indoor smoke."

macy stood up and excused herself from the muted laughter. sam watched her every move.

her feet led her to the back garden of the restaurant, "and she calls the folk, who run this, her oldest friends." macy slyly took out the cigarette quinn had sneaked her back at the start of the school year, and a lighter and began to slowly try and master the act.

she coughed a little.

sam now walked towards her and slyly opened the door, "sipping a drink and laughing at imaginary jokes. as all the signals are sent, her eyes invite you to approach."

macy turned to sam, smiling a little, "and it seems as though those lumps in your throat that you just swallowed have got you going."

taking another puff, macy squished the gasper with her right heel.

"come on, come on, come on. come on, come on, come on, number one party anthem."

macy held out her hand and sam took it. she brushed his hair into the same quiff it was back during nationals in their sophomore year.

"you really know how to make a girl feel things." macy smiled in the small intermission.

"aren't you just a darling." he lazily smiled back as they began to return to their chairs.

macy felt sam's hand on her bare thigh and she smiled as the main courses were brought out, one by one.

"the look of love, the rush of blood. the 'she's with me's, the gallic shrug."

as the dinner ended, macy walked to the ladies bathroom, which was tucked off in the corner, away from the crowd. she sat just outside of it, basking in the dullness.

"the shutterbugs, the camera plus. the black and white and the colour dodge. the good time girls, the cubicles."

"the house of fun, the number one party anthem."

suddenly the night wasn't a blur, even if for a few minutes, when sam came around the corner.

the two sang softly as they began to sit in silence together.

the night, before blurring for macy again, ended in the two being closer than close, and making out in the progress.

finn speaks
erm, guys what just happened 😨
anyways i apologise for how short the michael chap is gonna be. i just don't want macy to take santana's c plot in it even though it would make sense.