one - the new rachel

"macy summers. it seems like every year, you're finding a new guy to make out with." macy turned to see one of the av members holding a camera, jacob holding a microphone to her mouth, "can you confirm that you and artie are now officially dating?"

she smiled, "my dad and his mother recently found out that we go to the same school. they're in an origami club. they came home one afternoon and found us making out, so you could say we are.

"or," she continued, "we only made it a summer fling because it was better that way. i'm single."

"so you and artie aren't dating." "we aren't."

macy walked off and smiled to herself.

"face it," jacob said as macy, blaine, brittany, artie, sam and tina turned, "rachel berry was the groups undisputed star. so, really, the question is... which one of you is the new rachel berry."

"i am." the six said at once.

the camera zoomed in on macy and she looked at it, a stoic but determined look on her face.

"glee!" mr schue grinned as macy turned away from her conversation with blaine, "we are coming off of a national championship but it's time to look forward. thanks to glee now being the coolest club, this shouldn't be a problem."

macy hi fived artie.

"yes, we've lost some big voices but we still have some huge ones in here and i promise to do everything to replace the ones we lost. on that note, i'd like to introduce you to our newest member." macy felt artie take her hand and she kept watching, "the mvp of last year's nationals... wade 'unique' adams!"

everyone was sparsely clapping but macy clapped the loudest. "girl, come sit next to me." she invited. wade beamed, sitting next to macy.

"that's a great haircut, mercedes. i thought you graduated?" brittany said and macy looked up at her, giving her confusion.

"i wanted to be somewhere different was celebrated." wade smiled and macy took her hand.

"i don't know about everyone else but i'm extremely excited to have you join us."

people, except for joe, macy and sugar, barely clapped. mr schue was confused, "guys, where's the love?"

blaine spoke up, "i think wade is great but the competition to be the new rachel is already so intense. the last thing we need is one more contender."

"the new rachel?" mr schue quizzed.

"every glee club needs a star performer." tina said, "rachel was that and now that she's gone, many of us want the job."

"okay, we don't win as stars." mr schue sighed, "we win as a team. one that supports new members."

artie and blaine shared a look.

"now, i don't want to hear any more of this new rachel stuff, okay?" mr schue began the lesson and wade whispered something to blaine.

macy and artie sat opposite their friends, tina, blaine, wade and brittany approached eachother. they began to discuss the song and macy slammed her pen down, smiling.

"the perfect song for you guys." she said, feeling artie grin at her, "call me maybe by carly rae jepsen."

the song began and macy adjusted herself at the end of that stage, artie right next to her.

macy was stumped. they were all as good as eachother. they began to riff off of eachother and as the song came to a close, macy lifted her head from his.