fourteen - original song

as mr schue finished explaining how they weren't able to sing my chemical romance for regionals, mercedes looked at him, "so what are we gonna do now?"

macy held her hand up, "i'm going to be honest and say that rachel may have been right. original songs could get us the win."

"that's true," mercedes looked at her, "but if all the other teams are doing amazing songs at regionals, we're not going to be so good."

"we're gonna be better." quinn said, "we won't be using other peoples words or music, it'll be our own. our own heart, soul, not just our voices."

as the conversation unfolded, everyone was on a mission to write songs that could potentially be for regionals.

macy knew she could possibly be one of the selections.

"this is a song i wrote for sam. it's called trouty mouth." santana took off her jacket to reveal a scaly corset top.

"it's called what?" "trouty mouth." mike whispered to sam.

as macy watched santana perform an honestly good number, sam covered his mouth. macy took that hand and squeezed it. he stood up, "okay, can we stop? stop with the mouth jokes."

"sit down, i'm not done." "yes, you are. mr schue, we are not doing a song at regionals called trouty mouth!"

mr schue agreed and macy sat back, continuing to write.

macy sat in her room, toying around with the rhythm of the song. she was planning to show it to mr schue.

"macy, some white boy is here for you." andrew smiled.

"thank you, dad." she walked down and gave sam a really tight hug. "i'm currently trying to get the chords down for a song."

"could i possibly help in any way?" "help play the chords?"

sam nodded and macy handed him her guitar as he sat on her bed.

"alright, here." she handed him the sheet and got her own sheet music with words scribbled on.

as they sang, macy realised that this song wasn't what mr schue wanted. though, she was willing to bring her hidden discography to school tomorrow and show him.

as they finished, sam smiled, "why haven't you told anyone about these?" he asked as macy showed him her notebook.

"why should i? they're not what we need."

"i think car lights is worthy for regionals." macy gulped, "wait, what's wrong?"

"car lights won't work, it's too personal." "i think it's perfect."

macy watched sam. she didn't have the heart to tell him it was about him.

macy watched the audience from the curtain. the warbler's were amazing and now it was their turn, the new directions.

"your song is really good," finn said as he walked to rachel.

"thank you." she smiled as she walked over to put on mascara and top up her eyeliner, "sam, wait up."

she walked over to her friend and kissed his cheek, "what?"

"thank you for showing mr schue the song. i guess you were right."

the announcer announced the choir group and macy waved, walking on stage.

macy walked to the microphone and smiled. the intro to the song began.

"why am i here, could you come instead? i'm ten good miles out of my depth."

the audience was listening and macy saw kurt giving her a thumbs up.

"some more fake smiles, i'll just nod my head for one small glimpse of your breath. stained shirts and cigarettes, i failed again, trying my best," macy looked to sam, who was smiling at her from the curtains, "forget my fears, ignore all my frets. just lay your mind on my chest."

she held the microphone, now, "you seem like that kind of guy to play me tonight. i hate what you're doing, i hate that it feels so right. you sure we're out of their sights? they're staring through the car lights. i hate what their doing, i hate that it feels so..."

macy looked out as she slipped the device back in the stand, "i'm not scared, there's nothing to run from. i'm not scared there's nothing to run from, well i fell like i'm falling for someone, i feel like i'm falling for someone."

as she repeated the words, sam watched her with something he couldn't describe.

"i feel like i'm falling for someone else."

everyone began to walk on stage as she felt the beat drop.

"you can hold my hand in a crowded place but just hold me close and hope that they don't see my face." everyone vocalized as she sang out, "why don't you come right here? let's see how you taste then just hold me close and hope that they don't see my face."

macy sighed, "you seem like that kind of guy to play me tonight. i hate what you're doing, i hate that it feels so right. you sure we're out of their sights? they're staring through the car lights. i hate what their doing, i hate that it feels so..."

the microphone was taken away as she stood there for a moment, soaking in the massive count of applause before running up for loser like me.

macy watched sam interact with finn before they waved goodbye. damien watched sam approach the sophomore.

"hi sam." she smiled, "i can't believe we won regionals!"

"your song was amazing." "her song?" damien asked and sam looked at him, confused, "i'm damien."

"... sam. macy, we have to go."

macy watched the two and damien and sam looked like they didn't like each other.

"right. i'll see you around, damien."

the two walked off and damien sighed, walking the opposite direction.

finn speaks
rehehe they won :)