eighteen - nationals (s3)

macy paced around the hotel's hallway. she was a slight emetophobe so hearing that mercedes had food poisoning really made her tense up.

what made macy nervous was everyone fighting about how it had to be like this or someone wasn't doing that. so when macy walked back up to the room she was sharing with quinn, santana and brittany, she shut the door and groaned, head hitting the bed.

sitting alone, macy knew she had nothing to worry about. she had all the choreography down as she, mike and brittany made it together. her solo and her vocal part in paradise by the dashboard light may have been daunting her but she knew she wouldn't blow it.

if she perfected something she learnt last minute before, it's basically already been done again, macy just had to trust herself.

she also had the first solo of the group. after her would be rachel and then the group performance.

going back through her texts, ones exchanged with rachel about helping each other showed and macy smiled. maybe being friends with rachel was something she could justify.

"macy!" sam's voice quickly shot through her thoughts, "you said you wanted to practice your number so now's the time!"

she nodded, sighed and got up. macy followed him.

even though she wasn't allowed to, macy somehow managed to rummage up an excuse to use the stage a little earlier. the sounding was amazing and each step echoed but a perfect echo. macy knew in her heart that this was the choir's year. they were going to win and she knew that it was going to be because of rachel.

sure she had her solo first but everything was riding on rachel.

so when she had suggested a song she knew very well, mr schue said she could and even though he assured her it wasn't, she knew deep down that it was all about rachel.

her eyes darted through the empty seats until the accapella solo ended.

clapping soon started and ceased just as quickly. "you have a beautiful voice. what choir?"

she gulped, "it shouldn't matter." she said as the boy walked up. "are you performing?" "nope. i'm not a singer. just a dancer." "so am i. i'm macy."

"jake." they shook hands. "you're from ohio?"

she nodded and before asking, he pointed at her sweatshirt. it was raw ohio representation; a sweatshirt from her work at burt's shop.

she got her phone and put on some CAKE. "i love this band." jake grinned. "fave song?"

"obviously never there. or let me go." "i take it prolonging the magic is your favourite album?"

macy shook her head, "i'm a fashion nugget girlie all the way. there's a guitar over there so i could sing a song i like from it?"

macy was already tuning the guitar as jake agreed.

scrolling through itunes, she looked up to jake with a smile, "pick a song from their discography." he looked though.

"either it's coming down or satan is my motor." "when you put it like that, satan is my motor, obviously."

when scrolling through the chords online, "have you ever seen them live?" "i saw them, alongside my dads, when i was ten. it was magnetising."

"i'd kill to see them live." jake shrugged. "i still want to hear you sing satan is my motor."

sitting on a chair from the stage, the guitar leant on her thigh.